Cracked elbows are among the most common imperfections, especially in summer. Let’s discover natural remedies to solve the problem.
Dry or cracked elbows are a very common problem, caused by the high exposure of the arms to the sun during the summer. In general, however, cracked elbows depend on a lack of hydration of the skin, while in other cases from hormonal disorders. So let’s see how to solve this problem with natural remedies that can also be prepared at home.
Cracked elbows: the main causes
Even if cracked elbows are not a serious problem, they should not be underestimated , also because there are many triggers. First we can say that this imperfection is caused by:
– Vitamin A deficiency
It should be known that the skin of the elbows is different from the rest of the skin, in fact there are no sebaceous glands here . This means that the sebum, normally produced and distributed on the skin, is absent in the elbow area. Precisely for this reason it is important to take care of this part of the body.
In addition to dryness and cracking, dark spots can also appear on the elbows. In these cases it is necessary to pay particular attention, even to the garments that are worn because some fabrics can damage the skin of the elbows. The same goes for soaps and detergents. In fact, too aggressive foaming agents can be the cause of cracked elbows.
Natural, do-it-yourself solutions for dry and cracked elbows
As we have already said, you have to take care of the skin of the elbows because it is particularly delicate. For this there are many natural remedies , which can also be prepared at home, among the best known we can find:
– Vegetable oils : especially those of olive, coconut and almonds. They are perfect for their high content of fatty acids and antioxidants and using them is very easy. Just apply a few drops of oil and massage the cracked elbows.
– Oil, lemon and baking soda : create a creamy mixture and apply it to the affected area, then wrap with plastic wrap and leave on for 15 minutes.
– Cucumber : can be used as an alternative to lemon, especially when the skin is very dry.
– Shea Butter : one of the most effective solutions when used as a pack. Just put some butter on your elbows and keep covered overnight. In the morning, rinse with warm water and apply moisturizer.
– Oatmeal and rice flour : these compounds contain many properties and are often used for skin care or as an exfoliant. Flours must be blended, perhaps with milk or olive oil, and used as a scrub to remove dead cells with the help of a spatula or sponge.
Cracked elbows: feeding can affect
In addition to natural remedies, which can be applied to cracked elbows, taking care of your diet can also prevent dryness and cracking . In fact, to avoid the onset of this imperfection it would be good to integrate into your diet:
-about 2 liters of water per day
– almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and other nuts as they are rich in vitamin E
– green leafy vegetables
-iron, consuming horse meat, spinach, broccoli and legumes
-fish, given the high content of Omega 3
– foods rich in calcium
It is also good practice to quench your thirst with homemade drinks, such as juices, smoothies or fruit and vegetable concentrates. However, before relying on these remedies to treat cracked elbows, it is always better to ask your doctor for advice . In this way you can keep all skin changes under control and intervene in case of the appearance of dark spots.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What good baked lasagna with pumpkin and sausage: here’s how to prepare them!
The pumpkin and sausage lasagna recipe is perfect for those who want to prepare a delicious and inviting first course....
No planes or boats: you can taste the Ischian gypsy directly at your home!
More than a sandwich, the Ischitan gypsy is called toasted bread. Let's discover all the secrets to prepare it like...
Generalized anxiety: how to overcome the fear of living?
When do we talk about generalized anxiety? Let's see when the symptoms lead to define it as such and what...
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer
We recently spotted the men's fashion trends of summer 2023 on the catwalk, to be copied to us too starting...
We enjoy kimbap, the fantastic Korean sushi
Kimbap is a Korean sushi-based dish, very easy to make and with few ingredients. Here is the simple recipe to...
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?
Health1 week ago
Mental fatigue, the remedies: procrastination prohibited and obligation to delegate
Health1 week ago
Tingling in the back: what it depends on and how to intervene
Fashion1 week ago
The easy, fast and glam hairstyles that will save us from the heat: the ponytail to revisit and the disheveled crop