Crème caramel: the spoon dessert par excellence
The crème caramel, although well known, is still an effective and very pleasant dessert to be enjoyed at the end of a meal.
Crème caramel is a spoon dessert of Portuguese origin , which is why it is also known as Portuguese-style milk. As the name of clear French origin suggests, however, the dessert has now spread to Europe. The ingredients are few and essential , but the taste is incredible, and for color and texture it is also spectacular on the table.
It is convenient because it can be prepared in advance, to be removed from the molds just before being brought to the table . It can also be prepared in a large mold, and then cut into slices, but due to its velvety texture, it is not easy to manage: we recommend following our version and serving it in single portions .
Preparation of the crème caramel
- Start the recipe by preparing the caramel. Pour 150 g of sugar into a saucepan and place it on a low heat. Melt the sugar until it reaches a nice brown color. Do not turn the caramel with spoons or other tools, otherwise the sudden drop in temperature could form lumps . If you need to, being careful not to burn yourself, turn the saucepan.
- When the caramel is ready and still hot, always with care, pour it into six single-portion molds . Before it cools, rotate the molds so that the caramel is evenly distributed on the bottom and sides.
- For the cream, pour the milk into another saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean, open it like a book, and scraping it with a knife extract the seeds. Put the seeds and the vanilla pod now empty into the milk. With a spoon mix well trying to dissolve the group of seeds.
- Put the saucepan with the milk on medium heat , and turn off at the very first hint of a boil. Let it cool for at least twenty minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and the yolk with 130 grams of sugar: they just have to become frothy, they don’t have to mount.
- Pour the cream into the saucepan with the now warmed milk.
- Pour the cream and milk mixture into the bowl where you beat the eggs, taking care to pass it through a colander . In this way you eliminate the vanilla bean and any milk surfacing. While you strain the milk, mix continuously until the mixture is uniform and velvety.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Distribute the mixture in the six molds, then take a pan that can go into the oven and that can accommodate all the molds. Put the molds in the pan and, making sure that it does not go inside the molds, pour water into the pan up to about half the height of the molds.
- Put in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes .
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Put the molds in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. Only when serving, remove from the refrigerator and cut the edges of the cake with a knife so that it can come off the mold. Turn over in the center of a plate and serve.
Did you like this preparation? Then you will love all our spoon desserts .
The crème caramel should be kept in the fridge until it’s time to taste it. If you have any left over, cover it with plastic wrap: it will last up to a couple of days after preparation.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce