The crème caramel, although well known, is still an effective and very pleasant dessert to be enjoyed at the end of a meal.
Crème caramel is a spoon dessert of Portuguese origin , which is why it is also known as Portuguese-style milk. As the name of clear French origin suggests, however, the dessert has now spread to Europe. The ingredients are few and essential , but the taste is incredible, and for color and texture it is also spectacular on the table.
It is convenient because it can be prepared in advance, to be removed from the molds just before being brought to the table . It can also be prepared in a large mold, and then cut into slices, but due to its velvety texture, it is not easy to manage: we recommend following our version and serving it in single portions .
Preparation of the crème caramel
- Start the recipe by preparing the caramel. Pour 150 g of sugar into a saucepan and place it on a low heat. Melt the sugar until it reaches a nice brown color. Do not turn the caramel with spoons or other tools, otherwise the sudden drop in temperature could form lumps . If you need to, being careful not to burn yourself, turn the saucepan.
- When the caramel is ready and still hot, always with care, pour it into six single-portion molds . Before it cools, rotate the molds so that the caramel is evenly distributed on the bottom and sides.
- For the cream, pour the milk into another saucepan. Cut the vanilla bean, open it like a book, and scraping it with a knife extract the seeds. Put the seeds and the vanilla pod now empty into the milk. With a spoon mix well trying to dissolve the group of seeds.
- Put the saucepan with the milk on medium heat , and turn off at the very first hint of a boil. Let it cool for at least twenty minutes.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and the yolk with 130 grams of sugar: they just have to become frothy, they don’t have to mount.
- Pour the cream into the saucepan with the now warmed milk.
- Pour the cream and milk mixture into the bowl where you beat the eggs, taking care to pass it through a colander . In this way you eliminate the vanilla bean and any milk surfacing. While you strain the milk, mix continuously until the mixture is uniform and velvety.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Distribute the mixture in the six molds, then take a pan that can go into the oven and that can accommodate all the molds. Put the molds in the pan and, making sure that it does not go inside the molds, pour water into the pan up to about half the height of the molds.
- Put in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes .
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Put the molds in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. Only when serving, remove from the refrigerator and cut the edges of the cake with a knife so that it can come off the mold. Turn over in the center of a plate and serve.
Did you like this preparation? Then you will love all our spoon desserts .
The crème caramel should be kept in the fridge until it’s time to taste it. If you have any left over, cover it with plastic wrap: it will last up to a couple of days after preparation.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...