Crostini with mussels and cherry tomatoes are a truly perfect summer appetizer for a fish dinner: here are the ingredients and the recipe!
When you think of summer it is impossible not to think of the sea and outdoor dining . For this reason today we offer you the recipe for mussels and cherry tomatoes croutons, a perfect finger food to kick off a fish dinner with a good glass of white wine. To prepare these croutons you need a few simple ingredients. A crunchy base is just what it takes to accommodate a very tasty filling ! Let’s immediately see all the steps of the recipe .
Preparation of croutons with cherry tomatoes and mussels
- First of all, dedicate yourself to cleaning the mussels: wash well under water and rub the shells with a brush or a knife to remove any encrustations and impurities still present.
- After rinsing the mussels well, put them in a large pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Put on the heat, add the white wine immediately, cover with the lid and cook over high heat for 5 minutes .
- Turn off the heat and let the mussels cool before peeling them.
- Clean the onion and chop finely together with the parsley.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and dry them with a sheet of kitchen paper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into cubes , pour them into a bowl and season with salt, pepper, onion and parsley and mix.
- Cut the baguette into slices, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast them in the oven at 180 ° C for 5 minutes, taking care to turn them halfway through cooking.
- Remove the bread from the oven, let them cool and stuff with chopped tomatoes and mussels.
Alternatively, we advise you to consult all the recipes we have collected for fish appetizers : fabulous !
We advise you to taste these bruschetta immediately after preparation . Alternatively, keep tomatoes and mussels in the fridge for a day, putting everything together at the last minute to prevent the bread from getting too moist .