Pear and chocolate crumble: a simple delight to prepare in a few simple steps. Let’s find out the recipe.
The combination of pears and chocolate is undoubtedly one of the most successful and loved by young and old. Dark chocolate boasts intense and velvety sensations, which are perfectly dampened by the sweetness and freshness of the pear. It is therefore not surprising that the pairing of pears and chocolate is the protagonist of many desserts, such as the crumble.
This sweet preparation of Anglo-Saxon origins is characterized by the simplicity of the ingredients, with which butter and flour stand out, which are the basis of all pies, typical of overseas and overseas. The crumble is a great way to party even slightly bruised fruit, through a recipe that is very easy to make and extremely versatile. In this version, chocolate and pears, a classic combination of especially Italian pastry, are slightly revisited to give their best in this new version. Let’s find out below how to make an excellent chocolate pear crumble.
Preparation of the pear crumble recipe
- To prepare the pear and chocolate crumble it is necessary to start by peeling the pears, after having carefully washed them.
- Cut them into medium-sized pieces and pour them into a bowl in which add 50 grams of sugar , cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Mix very well and let them flavor while you move on to the next preparation.
- At this point, in fact, it is time to prepare the real crumble, the one that gives its name to the dessert. In another bowl, combine flour, cold butter into small pieces and the remaining sugar, adding a pinch of salt and the grated lemon zest.
- Work all the ingredients with your fingertips, taking care not to overheat the dough, which must remain quite coarse. In fact, the goal is only to mix the butter with flour, but not until you get a paste: you will only have to have crumbs.
- Now it is possible to assemble the dessert: transfer the pears with their juice in a previously buttered ovenproof dish, leveling with a spoon to create an even layer and sprinkle them with the chopped chocolate.
- Finally, cover everything with the crumbs of the dough, distributing evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 ° C for about 40 minutes or until the crust of the crumble appears golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the crumble to cool, which is also excellent when enjoyed warm and can be accompanied by a few tufts of whipped cream or vanilla cream .
Primo Chef’s tips and variations
This dessert boasts poor origins and is a typical expression in the creative recovery cuisine made with the available ingredients. It follows that there are really many possible combinations for the filling. Among the possible recipes for pear crumble, chocolate is generally very present, but you can find alternative versions that involve the use of dried fruit or other seasonal fruit (how can we not mention the classic apple crumble ?).
The idea behind this dessert, in fact, is to use what you have at home to create a quick but very tasty dessert. Ample space therefore for a pinch of powdered ginger, which goes well with both cocoa and pears, but also with chopped nuts , to be combined in the chocolate layer to give an extra touch of crunchiness.
This greedy dessert is delicious to be enjoyed as soon as it is ready and still hot, with melted chocolate that fills the mouth together with the pairing with pears. If you can’t finish it, we advise you to let it cool and place it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2-3 days. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.