An absolutely natural dish and also… spectacular: cucumber lasagna with panzanella filling.
The cucumber lasagna with panzanella filling will be an original way to serve a slightly revisited panzanella with a creative touch. Panzanella is made up of stale bread or crumbs, tomatoes, red onion and a little vinegar. This panzanella will form the filling of a lasagna made up of slices of cucumber.
It is a good and healthy dish, which among other things does not require cooking and therefore will also be very quick to prepare. It will be perfect for both vegetarians and vegans, and for those who love to eat in a healthy and natural way .
Preparation of the cucumber lasagna
- To prepare your cucumber lasagna with panzanella filling, start preparing the panzanella. Cut the stale bread into crumbs and put it in a bowl together with the coppery tomatoes cut into cubes as small as possible.
- Also add the red onion, very finely chopped . For an even stronger flavor, if you like, you can also use a white onion.
- At this point, sprinkle the mixture of bread, tomato and chopped onion with three or four tablespoons of white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, adding a little salt.
- Leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
- With a vegetable peeler, receive thin slices of cucumber.
- Alternate, in a baking dish, the slices of cucumber with a little panzanella, as if it were a real lasagna.
- A little more salt and oil and then you can decorate with toasted pine nuts or insert them directly into the filling.
- Serve your cucumber lasagna with panzanella filling as an appetizer or as an aperitif.
For other recipes with the fresh flavors of summer we recommend the article Five recipes with good and quick cucumbers for a summer in lightness .
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
This recipe should be eaten at the moment , so that the fresh vegetables and panzanella are still tasty and crunchy. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.