Daikon and baked carrots combine health and taste, for a side dish that can also become a main course.
Daikon and baked carrots is a healthy dish, but it doesn’t neglect the flavor. Cooking in water softens the vegetables, while cooking in the oven makes them appetizing and crunchy . Daikon is a plant of oriental origin, and its name in Japanese means “big root”. It is similar to radish, but much larger. It is widely used in the cuisine of the rising sun, even raw in slices or grated. Daikon is rich in minerals, helps burn fat and has detoxifying abilities. In addition, it is also low in calories.
Preparation of the recipe of daikon and baked carrots
- Put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil and add salt.
- Wash the carrots, peel them and cut them into chunks or sticks. Wash the daikon, peel it and do the same.
- When the water boils, add the carrots.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, then add the daikon. Let it go for 3-4 minutes .
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 ° C and prepare the sauce.
- Finely chop the rosemary needles and the garlic clove.
- Pour them into a bowl with the oil, soy sauce, minced garlic and freshly ground pepper.
- Emulsify well by beating with a whisk or fork.
- Drain the vegetables, pour them into the bowl and mix well with the sauce.
- Spread the vegetables and seasoning on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Let it cool and serve at the table
Are you a fan of daikon? There are so many ways to use it in the kitchen .
The side dish with daikon and carrots is delicious freshly made. You can keep it for about 2 days in a food container and in the fridge. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...