The daikon, beetroot and walnut salad is a quick, fresh and tasty dish but also rich in fiber, refreshing and purifying
This tempting daikon, beetroot, and walnut salad is a perfect, nutritious and healthy side dish: you can also add a cereal, such as spelled, and it will become a tasty single dish . The pungent taste of daikon goes well with the sweetish one of beetroot, the nuts give crunchiness, and the pungent vinegar binds everything together.
Daikon, as the translation of its name suggests, is a large root with a thin cream-white skin and a candid interior with a flavor very similar to radish. It has great therapeutic properties: it helps dissolve fats, helps liver function, and boasts diuretic and purifying properties of the urinary tract.
Preparation of the daikon, beetroot and walnut salad
- To make the daikon, beetroot and walnut salad, start boiling the beetroot in boiling salted water. If you cook it whole it will take about 45 minutes : you will understand that it is ready when, by inserting the fork inside, the pulp is soft, and the fork will not encounter resistance. You can also cut the beetroot into pieces, to speed up cooking, and in this way, it will cook in about twenty minutes.
- At this point, peel the beetroot and grate it into strips .
- Now wash the daikon and, once clean, proceed to grate it too into fine strips.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing: oil, salt, vinegar, and the minced clove of garlic.
- In your serving bowl, combine the beetroot strips and the daikon strips.
- Proceed with the coarsely chopped walnuts , and the seasoning, and mix carefully.
- Finish with the chopped parsley.
You like daikon, then you can’t help but know all its uses in the kitchen !
This salad, being suitably seasoned, it is advisable to eat it at most a few hours after having prepared it. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...