If you are tired of the usual pumpkin desserts try our pumpkin and chocolate cake, ideal for breakfast and snack.
Autumn would not be the same for us without pumpkin sweets . With their bright orange color they recall that of the leaves and although the days are getting shorter and colder, facing them with a slice of pumpkin and chocolate cake is another thing entirely. Excellent for a snack , perhaps with a hot tea or herbal tea, also perfect for breakfast , this variegated pumpkin and dark chocolate cake is truly beautiful to look at.
We have prepared it using a donut mold , just to vary the shape of the cake a little, but know that it is also possible to make it in the classic hinged pan . We will give you all the information about it in the preparation. Now you just have to get all the ingredients and dedicate yourself to this amazing recipe!
How to prepare the pumpkin and chocolate cake recipe
- First, cut the pumpkin pulp into chunks and blend it in a kitchen mixer until you get a puree.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Incorporate the pumpkin puree, seed oil , vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Incorporate the sifted flour with the baking powder , stirring to avoid lumps.
- Divide the dough into two bowls and in one of them add the dark chocolate melted in a bain-marie.
- Grease and flour a donut mold well and pour the chocolate mixture first and then the white one.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 45 minutes , doing the toothpick test before taking it out of the oven. If inserted in the center of the dough it must come out completely dry, vice versa continue cooking for another 5 minutes and repeat the check. In case you prepare the cake in a springform pan , use one with a diameter of 22 cm, cook for 40 minutes and then do the toothpick test so as to adjust to the cooking.
After trying this recipe, let yourself be tempted by even the simplest pumpkin pie : you will find out how delicious it is!
The pumpkin and chocolate cake can be kept under a cake bell for 3-4 days , in a cool and dry place.