Of all the vegan desserts, the cold blueberry pie is among the simplest and creamiest recipes: similar to a cheesecake, it does not require cooking. Here’s how to prepare it!
Following a vegan diet does not necessarily mean having to give up sweets . True, some recipes are off limits because they are difficult to recreate without using eggs, milk and butter, but others are the same or better than the originals . That’s just the case with this vegan cold blueberry pie. The result will be similar to a cheesecake, but obviously without cheese and it will not require any baking .
To prepare it we will use jam and the other ingredient that will give flavor to the vegan dessert is coconut milk . Let’s find out how to make this cake together!
How to make the cold blueberry pie recipe
- Let’s start preparing the base of the cake : in a blender, blend the almonds with the pitted dates. Pour the rather sticky dough into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a diameter of 18 centimeters . We advise you to use a hinged one, so as to unmold the cake more easily.
- Put the base in the refrigerator for an hour .
- Now prepare the coconut cream . In a thick-bottomed pan pour sugar and cornstarch then, always off the heat, add the coconut milk slowly, stirring with a whisk.
- Transfer the pan to the flame and, always stirring, let the cream thicken . It will take about 10 minutes .
- Once you get a consistency similar to that of the custard, transfer to a bowl and let it cool .
- When the cream is cold, pour it over the base and transfer back to the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Complete the cake with the blueberry jam , spreading it out to form a homogeneous layer.
- Put it back in the fridge for another hour before serving .
Are you looking for other blueberry recipes? Try our yogurt and blueberry plumcake .
This delicious blueberry cake can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2 days , well covered with cling film or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.