Of all the vegan desserts, the cold blueberry pie is among the simplest and creamiest recipes: similar to a cheesecake, it does not require cooking. Here’s how to prepare it!
Following a vegan diet does not necessarily mean having to give up sweets . True, some recipes are off limits because they are difficult to recreate without using eggs, milk and butter, but others are the same or better than the originals . That’s just the case with this vegan cold blueberry pie. The result will be similar to a cheesecake, but obviously without cheese and it will not require any baking .
To prepare it we will use jam and the other ingredient that will give flavor to the vegan dessert is coconut milk . Let’s find out how to make this cake together!
How to make the cold blueberry pie recipe
- Let’s start preparing the base of the cake : in a blender, blend the almonds with the pitted dates. Pour the rather sticky dough into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper with a diameter of 18 centimeters . We advise you to use a hinged one, so as to unmold the cake more easily.
- Put the base in the refrigerator for an hour .
- Now prepare the coconut cream . In a thick-bottomed pan pour sugar and cornstarch then, always off the heat, add the coconut milk slowly, stirring with a whisk.
- Transfer the pan to the flame and, always stirring, let the cream thicken . It will take about 10 minutes .
- Once you get a consistency similar to that of the custard, transfer to a bowl and let it cool .
- When the cream is cold, pour it over the base and transfer back to the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Complete the cake with the blueberry jam , spreading it out to form a homogeneous layer.
- Put it back in the fridge for another hour before serving .
Are you looking for other blueberry recipes? Try our yogurt and blueberry plumcake .
This delicious blueberry cake can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2 days , well covered with cling film or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...