Grilled Halloumi is a second dish that is very easy to make and perfect for any occasion, also ideal for those who follow a gluten-free diet.
Today we prepare a very simple and intuitive dish, but really greedy and inviting, ideal for those who love cheese and also suitable for celiacs : grilled Halloumi.
Halloumi is a cheese originating from the areas of Cyprus , composed of a mixture of sheep’s milk and goat’s milk, sometimes enriched during the processing phase with mint, which gives the cheese a particular aromatic and fresh flavor. Today we will cook this cheese on the griddle: an easy way to enjoy it with family or friends.
Let’s go and see how grilled Halloumi cheese is made!
Preparation of the Halloumi on the plate
- Take your Halloumi cheese and cut it into fairly thick slices, so that they don’t melt completely when cooked, but keep a good consistency .
- Heat the plate until it is pretty hot and grease the slices of Halloumi with extra virgin olive oil, so that the cheese does not stick to the plate.
- At this point, place the slices of cheese on the griddle and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, making sure to turn the slices of cheese only once.
- When an inviting crust has formed on the surface of the Halloumi, turn off the plate and transfer the slices of cheese to a plate.
- Serve with rosemary or if you prefer with freshly ground pepper, or if you like, you can accompany this dish with a teaspoon of honey and a salad of your choice that will give sweetness to your dish. Enjoy your meal!
And if you are a cheese lover, what are you waiting for? Try our mozzarella in carrozza !
This delicious dish should be eaten at the moment , when the cheese is hot and melting. We do not recommend storing it, once cold it will lose all its qualities and, even when heated, it will no longer be as good as it was just made.