The mashed potatoes in a pan is a dish full of taste and gluttony, really simple to prepare.
Do you love the taste of cold cuts, the melting cheese with every bite and the softness of potatoes? So hold on tight, because this recipe will make your mouth water just at the thought: we are talking about the mashed potatoes, an exquisite and perfect dish to bring to the table for any occasion.
This sort of pan-mashed potato focaccia can be stuffed with all the ingredients you want, and is usually enriched with a cheese and sliced meat. Today we will use cooked ham and scamorza, but if you want another delicious combination you can try it with salami and mozzarella. Let’s get started right away!
How to make potato pie in a pan
- Take the potatoes and boil them in boiling water until soft.
- Once ready, peel them and put them in a bowl adding salt, pepper, a drizzle of oil and an egg.
- Mash everything with a fork, then add the grated cheese. If you want at this stage you can also add chopped fresh parsley.
- Once you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, take a large non-stick pan and grease it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove half of the dough and form a sort of potato pizza, at least 2/3 centimeters high.
- Put it in a pan and stuff with the ham and the smoked cheese, then close it, sealing it with the other part of the dough.
- Leave to cook for about fifteen minutes per side, being careful to turn it over without breaking it.
Your stuffed potato focaccia is finally ready. Enjoy your meal !
If you liked this dish, try the crumbled potato pie stuffed with provolone and sausage ! Or go and discover the other 4 recipes with the quick and delicious potatoes we have selected for you!
We recommend consuming this delicious and simple single dish within 1 day . You can keep it in the refrigerator well covered with cling film, we do not recommend freezing it in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...