The red cabbage soup is a light and nutritious first course that will bring taste, color and joy to your table!
The red cabbage soup is a very light but at the same time tasty first course, able to bring taste and color to the table. We are talking about a very delicious recipe, rich in nutrients, but at the same time rather low-calorie, since for 4 portions only a tablespoon of oil is used, according to the original recipe.
Let’s see together how to prepare this 100% VEG first course that will certainly appeal to all those who love to eat with taste, but in the name of lightness to stay in shape!
Preparation of the red cabbage cream
- To prepare this delicious red cabbage soup, let’s start by looking at how to cook red cabbage and all the other vegetables.
- Brown the onion with a tablespoon of oil, add the cleaned carrots, washed and cut into rings and the cabbage cut into very thin strips . Sauté over high heat for about 2 minutes, and once ready, sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Add the water or broth and salt. When everything has come to a boil , cook for another 15 minutes.
- Reduce everything to a homogeneous cream with the hand blender, or by passing it all in the food processor. You can optionally also use the vegetable mill.
- At this point we will have to thicken it and to do so, all you have to do is prepare a flour and butter roux. Melt the two ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Then add the blended vegetables and mix until everything has thickened.
- If you want, at the end of cooking you can also add raw olive oil, accompanying the dish with croutons .
- Serve your red cabbage soup on the table. Enjoy your meal!
And if you like this colorful vegetable too, don’t waste time and prepare a delicious appetizer with this ingredient, such as red cabbage puffs !
This light and simple first course can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1-2 days and in a special food container with lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...