The red cabbage soup is a light and nutritious first course that will bring taste, color and joy to your table!
The red cabbage soup is a very light but at the same time tasty first course, able to bring taste and color to the table. We are talking about a very delicious recipe, rich in nutrients, but at the same time rather low-calorie, since for 4 portions only a tablespoon of oil is used, according to the original recipe.
Let’s see together how to prepare this 100% VEG first course that will certainly appeal to all those who love to eat with taste, but in the name of lightness to stay in shape!
Preparation of the red cabbage cream
- To prepare this delicious red cabbage soup, let’s start by looking at how to cook red cabbage and all the other vegetables.
- Brown the onion with a tablespoon of oil, add the cleaned carrots, washed and cut into rings and the cabbage cut into very thin strips . Sauté over high heat for about 2 minutes, and once ready, sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Add the water or broth and salt. When everything has come to a boil , cook for another 15 minutes.
- Reduce everything to a homogeneous cream with the hand blender, or by passing it all in the food processor. You can optionally also use the vegetable mill.
- At this point we will have to thicken it and to do so, all you have to do is prepare a flour and butter roux. Melt the two ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Then add the blended vegetables and mix until everything has thickened.
- If you want, at the end of cooking you can also add raw olive oil, accompanying the dish with croutons .
- Serve your red cabbage soup on the table. Enjoy your meal!
And if you like this colorful vegetable too, don’t waste time and prepare a delicious appetizer with this ingredient, such as red cabbage puffs !
This light and simple first course can be kept in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1-2 days and in a special food container with lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!