The burnt Basque cheesecake recipe is truly unique and while the look may not be inviting, the flavor is delicious!
We admit, at first glance this dessert is not very inviting. Far from the modern refined pastry but also from the more rustic desserts, the burnt Basque cheesecake is something unusual , seen only in the worst moments of our days in the kitchen. Yet to get a uniformly burnt outer edge you also have to work!
Born in a small restaurant in San Sebastian, La Viña , the Basque cheesecake is halfway between a custard, a flambé cream and a cheesecake. In fact, the external crust contains a soft and almost creamy filling with an intense egg and lemon flavor. The ingredients of this recipe are very few and, although some do not even add flour, to be sure of the result we put just a little. Ready to burn a cake?
How to prepare the burnt Basque cheesecake recipe
- First make sure the cheese is at room temperature.
- Then pour it into a bowl and work it with an electric whisk (or with the planetary mixer fitted with a wire whisk) and pour in the sifted icing sugar a little at a time.
- Work it all for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the eggs , always at room temperature, one at a time, waiting for the previous one to be absorbed before continuing.
- Separately mix the cream with the flour so that there are no lumps, then add it to the mixture, always stirring.
- Scented with the lemon juice and grated zest .
- Pour the mixture into a 22 cm diameter pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200 ° C for an hour then let it cool completely for 2 hours before removing it from the mold.
Have we intrigued you with this recipe? Also try our cooked cheesecake and you will not regret it!
Burnt Basque cheesecake can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well covered with plastic wrap. Before consuming it, however, we advise you to bring it back to room temperature.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison