Does dietetic bread exist? Yes, it is not a contradiction but an increasingly considered reality. Let’s discover something more together!
Bread is one of the most consumed foods worldwide . It accompanies and enhances the flavor of some dishes, it is often an excellent solution for meals and is appetizing to eat even on its own. It is practical and comfortable. And it is also the tool for making the so-called “shoe”, the not really elegant practice of collecting the sauce left on the plate with a piece of bread.
Nutritional properties of bread
Rich in carbohydrates, it is better not to abuse them in the beginning. And for this reason it is often banned from diets. On the market there are an infinite variety so as to raise the doubt of which is the healthiest. Bread is made up of wheat flour, water, yeast and salt . All ingredients that bring nutritional properties.
Not only therefore carbohydrates but also fiber, amino acids, minerals such as iron and calcium and vitamins E and B3. So in reality, there are many nutritionists who recommend it, precisely because of its precious carbohydrate and fiber content.
Dietetic bread: which are the most recommended
In a balanced diet the recommended quantities of bread are around 50-60 grams per meal. But not all types are created equal. Let’s give some numbers. In 100 gr of white bread there are about 290 calories, while in 100 gr of wholemeal bread about 50 less.
Dietary bread is therefore made from several cereals, prepared entirely with whole wheat flour . Let’s see various types:
• Of rye . Absolutely the best, it is dark in color, very compact and low in calories . Very tasty, it is suitable for both sweet and savory dishes. Rich in fiber that facilitates the metabolism, compared to other types it brings more vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.
• With whole wheat . In this food we find the flour worked with the complete cereal grain, for this reason its color is darker. It has a satiating power and stimulates the lazy intestine . A new type of bread made with white whole wheat has also recently come onto the market. Which replaced the red wheat. It can be a good alternative but you must always read the ingredients on the label.
• Of oats . Light and pleasant, it has a high fiber content which helps to lower cholesterol and reduce calories.
• With cereals . Rich in vitamins and minerals. Perfect for diets because it also offers a high amount of fiber ideal for muscle performance.
We point out, however, the worst type of bread that is not dietetic at all: the pancarré . It is an industrial food that contains many chemical additives and a high fat content.
Homemade dietary bread: the recipe
Here are the ingredients :
• 800 gr of whole wheat flour 2
• 200 gr of 00 flour
• 1 glass of warm water
• 1 cube of yeast
• 1 teaspoon of sugar (optional)
• 10 g of salt
• 1 level spoonful of olive oil
And here’s the preparation :
Sift the two flours and salt together in a bowl. Dissolve the yeast in the glass of warm water and add it to the container with sugar (but this can also be skipped). Add the oil, and little by little, as it is absorbed, lukewarm water.
The dough should be soft and not sticky. Then leave it to rise covered, in a warm place, for about 1 hour and a half. After the time, divide it into loaves to let rise again for 1 hour. Finally, in a hot oven, cook for about 30 minutes at 250 ° C.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/pane-5-cereali-pane-cereali-2241080/
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed