The digital detox diet allows us to enjoy the real world, without checking your Apps: you just need some daily precautions!
As soon as you wake up, the first thing you do is to check your phone. There are a lot of people who developed a mild internet addiction. Especially if we talk about people that had their adolescence filled with this new technology. In 2000, Internet marked the line between the old and the new digital era.
It is important to underline that this technology was fundamental for our evolutionary progress. It would be foolish not to use it. However, in order to make internet harmless, we need to learn how to use it in the right way, with great moderation.
If you realize ur relation with the digital world is not healthy anymore, it would be better to think about it and start a digital detox diet, in order to rebalance your relation with the real world.
In the United States, a progress campaign has been going on for years now. Its main goal is to make people aware of the problems related to the digital addiction. Just in America, 7% of people between 13 and 25 years old are Internet addicts.
Digital detox: what it is and how to understand if you need it
The warnings that make you understand you need to distance from the digital world are easy and clear. The digital detox is a a method that helps you learn how to correctly use the internet in a healthy and aware way. Let’s try and describe the behaviours we should worry about.
- As soon as you open your eyes, the first thing you do is to check your phone in order to see if there are any news on your social networks or on the chats you most commonly use.
- During the morning you stop your activities at work or at lesson to check if you have any messages. These sessions last not less than 15 minutes and stop our concentration.
- You have dinner and lunch with your phone on the table, reading everything that’s happening on the internet. However, you ignore the fact that meal times are a break moment you should spend with your family, colleagues or friends.
Monitor the time you spend looking at your phone: if it is more than 5 hours a day, you might been developing a mild addiction without even realizing it.
5 useful advice to get rid of this problem
Let’s see 5 practical advice to get rid of this addiction:
- in the morning, do not take your phone, but read the news on a newspaper. If you do this during breakfast, with your phone or tablet, you just socially isolate yourself.
- try and limit the time you spend looking at your social networks: it does not have to be more than 30 minutes a day. Check your phone while you are waiting in line somewhere or when you are on public means. In this way, you will not leave time to your job, friends and family.
- it is fundamental to stop using your phone, pc or tablet at least 1 hour before going to bed. Digital displays are proved to cause sleep disorders. Instead, read a good book!
- when you are at work or at lesson, turn off the notifications. Other than stopping your concentration, they can also ruin your mood, especially if you read something bad.
- turn off your datas when you are with someone you care about. Try and enjoy the beautiful real life around us!
Almond nougat: the traditional recipe for a magical Christmas!
Preparing homemade almond nougat is the perfect homemade gift for Christmas parties… as long as you manage not to eat...
Autumn looks inspired by the nuances of the earth: how to combine colors
The pop and trendy colors of this autumn 2021 coexist with the classic nuances of all time, such as “khaki”...
Risotto with Barolo: the recipe of Piedmontese excellence
Here is the recipe to follow to prepare a tasty dish of Barolo risotto: soft and tasty, it is perfect...
Creamy cream of fennel and leeks with a curry scent
Cream of fennel and curry leeks: for a quick and tasty dinner, perfect for lovers of vegetables and hot soups....
Delicious and autumnal: here is the mushroom sauce, perfect for your first courses
Quick and easy, here’s how to prepare the mushroom sauce recipe (with and without Thermomix): perfect for seasoning fresh pasta....
Recipes1 week ago
Thursday dumplings! But not just any gnocchi… they are those of Squid Game!
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it