Let’s go to the discovery of a typical Tuscan first course the pici all’etrusca with doses and preparation phases.
Pici are a typical Tuscan pasta shape that owes its name to the gesture of appicciare, that is, pulling a loaf of pasta until it is thin and reduced into spaghetti. Pici all’etrusca are perhaps less known than the classics seasoned with cheese and pepper but no less good. In fact, we are talking about a delicious first course whose preparation can be further simplified by simply purchasing the ready-made pici.
The original recipe calls for the use, for the preparation of the sauce, of garlic , parsley , mint and basil blended with pecorino cheese and hard-boiled egg white in order to obtain a sort of very tasty green pesto. The recipe does not hide particular pitfalls so we invite you to try pici, a typical Tuscan product par excellence, with this tasty dressing.
How to prepare the recipe for pici all’etrusca
- Place the flour in a heap, salt lightly and pour the water a little at a time, incorporating the flour with a fork. Finish working the dough by hand and once you have a smooth and homogeneous dough , let it rest for 30 minutes under an overturned bowl.
- Boil the eggs and let them cool, then cut them in half and recover the hard-boiled egg white.
- Transfer it to a blender together with the aromatic herbs, the garlic removed from the core, the pecorino cheese and a pinch of salt. Blend adding a drizzle of oil and an ice cube to keep the sauce a nice bright green.
- Then roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it reaches a thickness of 1 cm. Then make thin strips with a pastry wheel and roll them under the palms of your hands to form spaghetti .
- Boil them in abundant salted water for 5 minutes then drain and mix them with the sauce in a bowl.
- If necessary, you can adjust the consistency by adding a little cooking water .
We love this pasta shape and we have tried it in literally all sauces. Try the pici all’aglione for example and you won’t regret it!
Pici all’etrusca should be eaten as soon as they are made. You can keep the pasta separately, covered with a cloth, for a couple of days in the refrigerator . The same goes for the dressing: just be careful to cover the surface with a thin layer of oil to preserve its freshness.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Pasta with eggplant and provolone: we prepare an easy and tasty first course
Pasta with eggplant and provolone is perfect for those looking for delicious pasta recipes to be prepared with vegetables. Here's...
Homemade nougat of the dead: as good as that of pastry
Perfect as a gift but also excellent as a meal, nougat of the dead is a typical Neapolitan dessert from...
Comfy and vintage on the beach: the revenge of the high-waisted bikini
The nostalgia effect can also be felt on the beach, with the return of high-waisted bikinis that slender and pamper...
Delicious recipe of Philadelphia pasta and tuna: it is a real ace in the hole
Philadelphia and tuna pasta is a quick and easy to prepare first course. Here are the secrets of this delicious...
Properties of green clay: here are the most important
Not everyone knows the many properties of green clay. Here are the most important and really worth knowing. The properties...
Recipes7 days ago
Zucchini and stracchino pasta, the first creamy and tasty
Beauty1 week ago
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Beauty1 week ago
Loose hair hairstyles, the key word? Leave the foliage free
Fashion1 week ago
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer