Let’s see how to moisturize and nourish dry, chapped lips using natural remedies.
Chapped lips are very common, especially in winter. The main causes of dehydration are cold, the wind and the use of too aggressive face detergents. However, sometimes the problem can also be due to vitamin deficiencies or certain medications.
On the market there are many products to moisturize and regenerate dry lips, but the most effective ones are natural remedies, handed down by our grandmothers. Let’s see some of them!
Chapped lips: natural remedies
1. DIY lip scrub. The first thing to do in case of dry, chapped lips is a scrub. You can make it at home by mixing a teaspoon of sugar, one of honey and one of olive oil. Apply the mix on your lips, rub gently and then remove the scrub… by eating it!
2. Shea butter. This product is one of the main ingredients of many lip balms. However, it is often mixed with chemical ingredients, so it is better to use it pure. Buy some shea butter with no perfumes and preservatives added and apply it on the lips with your fingers every time that you need.
3. Aloe vera gel. If you have very chapped and cracked lips, aloe gel will help healing them. Mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil for a better nourishing action. Make sure both products are pure.
4. Honey. Another product with natural healing, nourishing and antisepti power is honey. Put a little of it on your lips when needed.
5. Olive oil. If you do not have any of the ingredients mentioned above, you can simply apply some olive oil on your lips, preferably in the evening before going to sleep.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/labbra-trattamento-labbra-rossetto-3141753/
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...