Making peperonata with the Thermomix is quick and easy: thanks to the legendary robot you will have to spend very little time on this recipe.
One of the funniest scenes in Italian cinema is that of Aldo Baglio who in Three men and one leg eats peperonata at 8 in the morning. This summer side dish has the reputation of being substantial and often indigestible, but it is really impossible to resist it. We want to explain how to prepare peperonata with the Thermomix so as to speed up the preparation and make it a suitable recipe even when you have little time .
In fact, cooking is quite long (about 40 minutes) and it is essential to make the peppers tender and melt. The basic recipe does not include it, but if you love strong flavors, we suggest you try the Sicilian variant , with the addition of vinegar and sugar at the end of cooking. The bittersweet contrast that is created is truly amazing!
How to prepare the pepperonata recipe with the Thermomix
- Put the peeled onion cut into quarters in the jug and blend 3 sec. speed 7.
- With the help of a spatula, gather it on the bottom of the bowl and blend for another 3 sec. speed 7 .
- Pour in the oil and brown everything for 3 min. 100 ° C speed Soft.
- In the meantime, wash the peppers , remove the stalk, seeds and internal filaments and cut them into strips of half a centimeter. If they are too long, give them half.
- Add the peppers in the jug and cook for 10 min. 100 ° C speed Soft.
- Add the peeled tomatoes , season with the basil and season with salt and pepper before continuing to cook at 100 ° C for 15 min. speed Soft.
- The peperonata should be served cold then once ready, transfer it to a glass container and place it in the refrigerator.
Don’t have a Thermomix? Do not worry, prepare the peperonata in the traditional way and you will not regret it!
Peperonata with Thermomix can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 days . Enjoy it cold or at room temperature.