Milanese tripe, called busecca, thanks to the addition of beans can become a nutritious single dish.
The Milanese tripe has the characteristic of not being too soupy and of being cooked with beans , which make it a complete single dish. Tripe itself is light and low in fat, although in this preparation there is the lampredotto, which is a slightly fatter part of the cap. There is nothing difficult in the preparation, but it takes several hours of cooking. It must be said that once put on the fire it cooks by itself, but if you want to speed up the times, you can halve it using the pressure cooker.
Preparation of the Milanese tripe recipe
- Start by preparing the vegetable broth : scrape the celery with a potato peeler and wash it; peel the carrots and rinse them, then cut celery and carrots into pieces.
- Half-fill a large pot with water, dip the vegetables in it, add the salt, tomato paste and cook. Bring to a boil for about 1 hour .
- Switch to the preparation of tripe. Put some butter in a saucepan with the chopped bacon, the onion cut into slices and a little sage leaves, peeled, washed and dried.
- When everything is golden, add the cap cut into pieces and leave to flavor, stirring occasionally.
- With kitchen tongs, remove the cap from the pot and set it aside.
- Put the lampredotto cut into pieces and cook. At this point, sprinkle it with the wine and let it evaporate.
- Pour the broth into the bowl (adjust the quantity according to your taste, if you prefer a more or less brothy mixture) and cook for 1 hour, then add the cap to the pot and continue for about 2 hours.
- Half an hour before the end of cooking, add the precooked beans and the bay leaf, which you will have to remove at the end of cooking.
- Once ready, remove from the heat, transfer the tripe and its sauce to the serving dish and serve it with plenty of grated Grana Padano and pepper to be ground at the moment.
If you love tripe, make a comparison between the regional specialties, also trying this version: the Florentine tripe .
Tripe can be kept for a maximum of 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a special container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison