Among the sweets of the period most appreciated by children are the Carnival chatter desserts made with shortcrust pastry and decorated with chocolate and sugars.
There is no sweeter and more colorful party than Carnival and this is well known by those who have children around the house. To keep them busy one afternoon making carnival sweets simpler and faster than fried classics, you can prepare sweet carnival masks. In fact, they are nothing more than Carnival biscuits with shortcrust pastry cut out in the shape of Carnival masks and then decorated with chocolate and sugars, but there are also simpler versions, left blank.
Shortcrust pastry carnival masks can be prepared following your favorite recipe . We offer you our shortcrust pastry but keep in mind that you can also opt for a vegan or gluten-free variant. In fact, when it comes to quick desserts, there is nothing better than shortbread biscuits!
How to make sweet carnival masks
- First, prepare the shortcrust pastry. Combine the flour , sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix quickly.
- Then add the cold butter from the fridge cut into pieces and start kneading with your fingertips until you get a crumbled dough.
- Finally, add the egg yolks and finish kneading.
- Form a loaf, wrap it in cling film and leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper reaching a thickness of half a centimeter.
- Prepare a stencil by drawing a carnival mask or by printing one from the web and cut out with a knife.
- As they are ready, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 12-15 minutes until golden. Be careful not to burn your carnival mask cookies.
- Let them cool completely and then, if you like, proceed with the decoration . For sweet chocolate carnival masks, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and dip the top of the biscuit. Before it gets cold, decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
Prepare the Carnival masks with the recipe that we have proposed and the children will love it. After all, who doesn’t like shortbread cookies ? Speaking of desserts, how about preparing the classic chatter too ?
Sweet baked carnival masks can be kept in a tin box for up to a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...