Among the sweets of the period most appreciated by children are the Carnival chatter desserts made with shortcrust pastry and decorated with chocolate and sugars.
There is no sweeter and more colorful party than Carnival and this is well known by those who have children around the house. To keep them busy one afternoon making carnival sweets simpler and faster than fried classics, you can prepare sweet carnival masks. In fact, they are nothing more than Carnival biscuits with shortcrust pastry cut out in the shape of Carnival masks and then decorated with chocolate and sugars, but there are also simpler versions, left blank.
Shortcrust pastry carnival masks can be prepared following your favorite recipe . We offer you our shortcrust pastry but keep in mind that you can also opt for a vegan or gluten-free variant. In fact, when it comes to quick desserts, there is nothing better than shortbread biscuits!
How to make sweet carnival masks
- First, prepare the shortcrust pastry. Combine the flour , sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix quickly.
- Then add the cold butter from the fridge cut into pieces and start kneading with your fingertips until you get a crumbled dough.
- Finally, add the egg yolks and finish kneading.
- Form a loaf, wrap it in cling film and leave it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin between two sheets of parchment paper reaching a thickness of half a centimeter.
- Prepare a stencil by drawing a carnival mask or by printing one from the web and cut out with a knife.
- As they are ready, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 12-15 minutes until golden. Be careful not to burn your carnival mask cookies.
- Let them cool completely and then, if you like, proceed with the decoration . For sweet chocolate carnival masks, melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and dip the top of the biscuit. Before it gets cold, decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
Prepare the Carnival masks with the recipe that we have proposed and the children will love it. After all, who doesn’t like shortbread cookies ? Speaking of desserts, how about preparing the classic chatter too ?
Sweet baked carnival masks can be kept in a tin box for up to a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...