Suitable for all those who follow a vegan diet and not only, the quick recipe of drunk tofu satisfies even the most refined palates.
While the world of vegan food invades the globe more and more, there are many simple recipes to make with tofu and that the various populations are discovering. Its flavor is particular and irresistible. Additionally, this product contains around 76 calories , along with enough protein to be considered a meat substitute. Also suitable for those who follow a particular diet, drunk tofu is an easy main course to make at home and also very healthy. Once cut into pieces, this soy-based food is soaked with wine (whether red or white is indifferent) and made even tastier.
Ready to immerse yourself in this new and magical world of healthy food ?
Preparing the recipe for drunk tofu
- Take a piece of tofu and roll it up in a dry cloth . Press lightly along all edges to eliminate any liquid inside. This way, it will absorb the wine more easily.
- Cut it into not very large cubes with a knife.
- Transfer them to a container (with an airtight seal) and sprinkle them with enough salt.
- Pour over the red wine, just enough to cover the entire bottom of the container and wet each cube.
- Spread some garlic, finely chopped.
- Close the container and put it to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour . The longer the marinating time, the tastier the result.
- After this time, pour the cornstarch into a bowl.
- Take one cube of tofu at a time and roll it in starch, then place it on a tray (spaced from the others).
- Once done, take a non-stick pan and fill the bottom with a drizzle of oil. Turn on medium heat and dip the cubes in. Let them fry on both sides, until it forms a crisp outside crust. Then, put them to dry on a tray covered with absorbent paper.
- Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool.
To make drunken tofu even tastier, lengthen the marinating times. Later, you can keep this product in an airtight container, in the fridge and for up to 3 days .
Are you a lover of this vegan product? Here are 5 unmissable tofu recipes .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...