Ingredients and recipe for courgette and cooked ham rolls: a simple dish to make and perfect for an informal aperitif!
Here is a very quick recipe suitable for summer: they are courgette and cooked ham rolls. With the arrival of summer evenings, there is an increasing desire to organize dinners and aperitifs in the company of friends. To make these tasty rolls you will need three simple ingredients: grilled zucchini, cooked ham and Greek yogurt, which we will season with oil, salt and dill.
Do you know that you can also not cook zucchini? Try marinating them with oil, salt and lemon juice, after 20 minutes you simply have to drain them and continue as indicated in the following recipe.
If it’s your turn to organize dinner or if you don’t want to show up empty-handed, make a note of how to prepare these fresh and inviting rolls!
Preparation of courgette and cooked ham rolls
- First wash the courgettes, trim them, then cut them into thin slices with a mandolin or a knife lengthwise .
- Take a large plate, put it on the stove and when it is hot, start grilling the zucchini first on one side and then on the other.
- Place the cooked courgettes on a plate and let them cool before flavoring them with a drizzle of oil and salt .
- Cut the cooked ham into strips.
- Now you can assemble the rolls: take a slice of grilled courgette, place the cooked ham on top and then the Greek yogurt, which you must first have seasoned with salt, extra virgin olive oil and dill.
- Gently roll up and stop the rolls with a toothpick .
- Continue in this way until you finish all the ingredients. Let it rest in the fridge until ready to serve.
A few more ideas: if you prefer, you can replace the cooked ham with bresaola or raw ham. If, on the other hand, you don’t like yogurt you can use the common spreadable cheese .
We recommend that you also try all our summer appetizers !
This recipe is good if enjoyed right now . However, you can keep the rolls for up to one day in the refrigerator, in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.