When you bring them to the table, it will be “war” who wins the last of these delicious eggplant rolls with fake Russian salad.
Original, delicious and colorful, the eggplant rolls with fake Russian salad will bring a little joy to the table ! These rolls are prepared, let’s say it immediately, with slices of fried aubergines, because only in this way will they be truly delightful: come on, a little good frying is needed every now and then! Why the fake Russian salad? Because instead of “stirring” the vegetables in the mayonnaise, we will do it in the ricotta .
Preparation of eggplant rolls
- To prepare your rolls, first cut the aubergines into slices – lengthwise – then place them in a colander to drain with a weight and coarse salt distributed on the slices, so that they can lose their bitter liquid.
- After about two to three hours , rinse the aubergine slices and then pat them dry with a cloth or absorbent paper.
- Fry them in plenty of sunflower oil or extra virgin olive oil, if you prefer (in the latter case the frying will be heavier, to the taste).
- Cut the carrot and potatoes into small pieces and boil them together with the frozen peas in salted water.
- Once the vegetables are tender , drain them and then mix them with the fresh ricotta, also adding a finely chopped mint or basil.
- Stuff the fried aubergine slices with this mixture, roll up and close with a toothpick or a blade of chives and serve.
Also try the eggplant rolls with feta and black olives !
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
These rolls can also be stored for up to 2 days in the refrigerator, inside an airtight container.