Preparing Knam’s three chocolate mousse will make you look great at home. Here is the easy recipe proposed by the master.
There is no dessert more famous than Knam’s three-chocolate mousse, at least in his patisserie. This dessert can be considered the symbol of his career , the one that has accompanied him over the years in various experiences in starred restaurants around Europe. Continuous small changes have made the three chocolate mousse the dessert it is today: a marquise base (i.e. a flourless sponge cake) and three layers of mousse , one with dark chocolate, one with milk and one with white. The decoration is minimal , just some gianduia chocolate curls to enhance the linear shapes of the cake.
In the thirty years that have passed since its first creation, this mousse has been the protagonist of several TV shows such as the one hosted by the master Knam, The King of Chocolate . But Knam’s three chocolate mousse at Bake Off caused much more hype among the competitors of the first season. However, preparing it is not that difficult and the satisfaction of bringing something so refined to the table will fill you with joy.
How to prepare Knam’s three chocolate mousse with the original recipe
For convenience, we have divided the preparation into several steps , reporting the precise dosage of the ingredients for each. In this way you will be able to work quickly without the risk of getting confused.
Preparation of the marquise
- 100 g egg yolks
- 300 g powdered sugar
- 225 g egg whites
- 90 g bitter cocoa
- 30 g potato starch
- caster sugar
- First, work the egg yolks with 100 grams of powdered sugar until they are foamy.
- Whip the egg whites separately , always with an electric whisk , together with the remaining icing sugar .
- Add the egg whites to the yolks with gentle movements from the bottom up.
- Incorporate, with the same movement, the sieved starch and cocoa .
- Pour the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to form a thickness of half a centimeter.
- Cook at 200 ° C for 10-12 minutes .
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with granulated sugar and let cool.
- With a ring, make a disc of 18 cm .
- Cover the ring with a sheet of acetate and place the marquise disc in the center.
How to make chocolate mousses and assembly
- 125 g dark chocolate 60%
- 125 g of milk chocolate
- 125 g of white chocolate
- 375 g fresh liquid cream
- 75 g egg yolks
- 4.5 g isinglass
- gianduia chocolate to taste
- Whip the cream with the electric whisk.
- Always with the electric whisk, whip the egg yolks .
- Soak the gelatin in cold water.
- Now start with the first mousse: melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, add a third of the egg yolks and a third of the cream.
- Dissolve the well-squeezed gelatine in two tablespoons of milk and add a third of this too.
- Emulsify with a whisk and pour on the base of the cake, filling the ring one third.
- Transfer to the freezer for 2 hours.
- Continue in the same way with the other two types of chocolate, melting them in a bain-marie and making the two mousses.
- Always respect the two hours of rest in the freezer between one layer and another.
- Once the layer of white chocolate mousse has cooled, decorate the surface with gianduia chocolate curls and serve.
If you want to try another Knam recipe, we recommend the Giulio cake , made for the son. It is simply delicious!
The three chocolate mousse can be kept in the refrigerator, well covered, for 2-3 days . We recommend that you bring it back to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...