Preparing the naked cake is quite simple and even the less experienced will get a cake that is beautiful to look at and excellent to taste.
We are used to thinking of filled cakes always externally covered with cream so, at first glance, the naked cake might seem like an incomplete dessert . Yet this American cake, whose literal translation is naked or bare cake, has won over an ever-growing audience of admirers. It can be prepared in many ways, but today we want to reveal the recipe for the naked chocolate cake.
The recipe of the cake without coatings enters the category of quick cakes because due to the lack of the external covering , it will take very little time to make it. Thanks to our quick cream recipe you will have a perfect cake ready for big occasions in no time. Are you curious to find out all the details of this recipe?
How to prepare the naked cake recipe
- First, whip the cold butter with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. We advise you to use electric whips or the planetary mixer equipped with a wire whisk.
- Always with the whips in action, pour the eggs one at a time, waiting for them to be incorporated before continuing.
- Add the milk, Nutella and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and then the sifted flour with unsweetened cocoa and yeast, one tablespoon at a time.
- Once you have a homogeneous dough , divide it into three buttered and floured pans of 20 cm in diameter (better to avoid parchment paper because it would make the edge of the cake inaccurate) and level the surface.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes , doing the toothpick test before taking out. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream by whipping the cream with an electric mixer. Separately, work the mascarpone with the icing sugar and only when the two ingredients have blended, incorporate the cream with gentle movements from the bottom up. Perfume with vanilla extract and transfer everything to a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle.
- Now all that remains is to assemble the dessert . Trim the three cakes into perfectly flat discs. Place the first one on a serving dish and cover it with sprigs of cream. Cover with the second disc of cake and then with one of cream. Proceed with another equal layer.
- Decorate the surface of this simple cake with some berries and let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
In addition to the dark chocolate naked cake, we recommend you try our strawberry variant. If you can’t find fresh berries, you can opt for a frozen product (even at your place when they are in season) and left to defrost in a colander.
As with all filled cakes, the naked cake must also be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within 2 to 3 days .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...