The volumetric diet is a diet that allows you to lose weight without too many sacrifices. Let’s see how it works.
When following a diet, the hardest thing is to give up food and resist hunger. For this reason, Dr. Barbara Rolls devised the volumetric diet that allows you to lose weight while continuing to eat abundantly. The secret of this diet is to choose foods with low calories , which however create “volume” in the stomach, making us feel immediately satisfied.
Let’s see in detail how it works and what are the contraindications !
Volumetric diet: how it works
The volumetric diet is based on the consumption of low calorie foods, which give satiety . The daily calorie consumption must be 1,200 calories, which must be divided into three main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and three snacks (mid-morning, mid-afternoon and before bed).
Dr. Rolls has divided the foods into four groups , according to their calorie density:
• Very low calorie foods are non-starchy fruit and vegetables, skim milk and low-fat yogurt.
• Those with low calorie density are starchy fruit and vegetables, cereals and cereal products, legumes, lean meat and fish.
• Those with medium calorie density are cheeses, non-lean meat, bread, pizza, fried potatoes, sauces and ice cream
• High calorie foods are french fries in a bag, salty and sweet snacks, crackers, candies, packaged biscuits, oil, butter and chocolate.
The foods of the first and second groups must be eaten in abundance, while the consumption of those of the last two groups must be limited as much as possible. In addition, it is important to do regular physical activity , such as a brisk walk or bicycle ride every day.
Volumetric diet: weekly menu
Although, as with any diet, it is necessary to consult a nutritionist, below you will find an example of a weekly menu , which will help you understand how this diet works.
Every day you should drink two glasses of water at room temperature and a sugar-free coffee as soon as you wake up. Breakfast should be based on partially skim milk, low-fat white yogurt or tea and two slices of wholemeal bread with sugar-free jam. As a snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon you must drink a centrifuged vegetable of your choice, before going to bed a herbal tea of your choice without sugar.
• Monday. Lunch: baked cod with mixed salad and a slice of wholemeal bread. Dinner: turkey with spices and carrot garnish.
• Tuesday. Lunch: cuttlefish with peas and tomatoes, a slice of whole wheat bread. Dinner: mixed salad with chicken breast.
• Wednesday. Lunch: green salad with cottage cheese and a slice of wholemeal bread. Dinner: vegetable soup and roast.
• Thursday. Lunch: wholemeal pasta with tomatoes and light mozzarella. Dinner: smoked salmon with zucchini.
• Friday. Lunch: rice and vegetable salad. Dinner: grilled meat with mixed vegetables.
Saturday. Lunch: 2 fried eggs with mixed salad and a slice of wholemeal bread. Dinner: vegetable soup and a slice of veal.
• Sunday. Lunch: rice and lentils with raw vegetables. Dinner: bresaola with parmesan flakes and rocket, mixed salad and a slice of whole wheat bread.
Volumetric diet: contraindications
The volumetric diet helps to dry the silhouette and lose up to 4 kilos per month. It’s not a crash diet, so it doesn’t have many contraindications.
However, it is essential to contact a nutritionist to get a tailored diet plan, suitable for your energy needs. Do-it-yourself, therefore, is always not recommended.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed