Chicken brick is a simple second course where the chicken is cooked with a weight, so that a beautiful crust can form.
Chicken cooked in a brick has an ancient touch. In fact, it was mainly the grandmothers who prepared it , taking advantage of the color of the pot or an embers and placing a weight just above the chicken. Originally it was a real brick while today on the market there are special pots for its preparation. If, on the other hand, you are a purist and want to follow the original procedure, once you have obtained a brick, cover it with a double layer of aluminum foil before using it.
What makes the brick chicken so unique is the crust that forms during cooking. The weight placed on the chicken, cooked open, increases the contact surfaces, favors the escape of liquids and consequently guarantees perfect cooking. As it is chicken seasoned with a few herbs , it remains a light recipe, perfect even for those on a diet but do not want to give up something good.
How to prepare brick-built chicken with grandma’s recipe
- First, get yourself a clean whole chicken . You can also ask the butcher to do this for you.
- Then cut it in half between the two breasts and open it like a book.
- Prepare a marinade by mixing the chopped oil , garlic and rosemary and pour it over the meat. Season with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper .
- Leave to marinate in an airtight container for 3-4 hours, turning it from time to time.
- Then drain the liquid from the chicken, place it in a pan and place the brick (or the heavy lid supplied with the special pot on top).
- Cook the chicken for 20 minutes , turn it over and continue cooking for another 10 minutes . We advise you not to try cooking chicken in the oven, it would not be the same thing.
The brick chicken is ready to be served with a side dish of your choice. Excellent baked potatoes but also a simpler green salad.
You can place the leftover brick chicken in the refrigerator, well covered with plastic wrap, and consume it in the next two days. If you want, you can use it reduced in shreds or frayed to enrich and make a salad more tasty.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!