The filo pastry and apple bundles are crunchy and delicious, perfect for when you are in the mood for something sweet.
The apple and phyllo pastry dumplings are delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also substitute cinnamon for vanilla and add raisins and pine nuts to create a delicious little strudel-like, or vary the fruit by using pears or plums and maybe a sprinkling of chopped walnuts or almonds. The difficulty of this recipe is to handle the phyllo dough which is extremely thin and dries immediately in the air. So be gentle and pull out one sheet at a time, keeping the others covered as you work. If it starts to dry out, moisten it by wiping it with wet fingers. Buckle up your aprons and let’s go cook.
Preparation of the phyllo dough and apple bundles
- Put the butter in the microwave for a few seconds, until it just melts.
- Wash the apples, peel them, cut them into wedges and remove the core .
- Cut each clove into very thin slices and place them in a bowl.
- Cut the vanilla bean with the tip of a knife, open it to a booklet and scrape it in order to obtain the seeds, add them to the apples.
- Pour the sugar and apple juice into the bowl as well. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Prepare a very large sheet of parchment paper and open it on the work surface . Brush it with melted butter and place a sheet of phyllo dough on it.
- Brush the sheet of pasta and phyllo with the melted butter and sprinkle it with a pinch of brown sugar . Overlap the first sheet of phyllo dough with a second one, brush again, another pinch of sugar and overlap a third sheet.
- With a knife cut the overlapping sheets into four equal rectangles.
- In the center of each rectangle pour a quarter of the apples, then lift the corners and bring them together to form a bundle similar to that of sugared almonds.
- Tie it with kitchen twine so that it stays firmly in place.
- Brush the outside of the bundles with butter as well .
- Place the bundles on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Put in the oven and cook for 10-13 minutes, the bundles must be golden brown.
- Take out of the oven, let it cool for two minutes and serve immediately on the table.
If you want to raise the bar you can also start by making a delicious phyllo dough at home , and then proceed with the preparation of the bundles.
This recipe can be kept for about 1 day (maximum 2) out of the refrigerator and in a dry place away from sources of light and heat. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?