Halloween recipes are always very scenic and our ghost cake is certainly no exception. Here’s how it is prepared!
On Halloween we all go back to being a bit children and we struggle to find some plausible excuse that allows us to prepare sweets and other themed treats even if we do not have children around the house. For this we already imagine the joy and amazement of seeing this beautiful ghost cake, prepared with a dough similar to that of carrot cake and then decorated with marshmallow ghosts.
There is no doubt that it is beautiful, young and old will love it, but even the preparation is not that difficult. Since this is a naked cake , that is, a naked cake , you don’t even have to worry about being too precise to cover it. Let’s find out how to prepare the Halloween ghost cake!
How to make the ghost cake recipe
- Break 3 eggs in a bowl, add 180 g of sugar taken from the total and whisk with electric whisk until the mixture is frothy and clear.
- Separately, peel the carrots , remove the ends and grate them with a fine grater.
- Combine the two sifted flours , a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa , the baking powder and the vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Then add the carrots , 2 tablespoons of milk and the oil and finally, little by little, the whipped eggs .
- Pour the mixture into a 24 cm diameter mold lined with parchment paper and bake at 170 ° C for 40 minutes , doing the toothpick test before taking it out of the oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling cream. Whip the cream with half the icing sugar .
- Separately , mix mascarpone , philadelphia , bitter cocoa and remaining icing sugar (the latter better if sieved) until you get a cream.
- Combine the two compounds, mixing gently from the bottom up. We advise you to combine the cream with the cheese cream and not vice versa.
- Transfer the cream to the refrigerator and prepare the marshmallow ghosts. First, put the isinglass to soak in water for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan pour the remaining sugar and 30 ml of water and bring to a boil without stirring.
- Let it go on low heat for 10 minutes, making sure that the temperature does not go above 115 ° C.
- Beat two egg whites and add the sugar syrup first and the soaked and squeezed isinglass then.
- Stir until the mixture is cold then transfer it to a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle.
- Dress the ghosts on a sheet of parchment paper and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Create the eyes with the melted dark chocolate (you can draw them with the help of a toothpick) and let them solidify.
- Now that all the preparations are ready you can assemble the ghost cake. Obtain three discs of equal thickness from the cake, place the first on a serving dish, cover it with the cream of cheese and continue like this until the last layer.
- Lay down the ghosts and that’s it!
Also try the otherHalloween recipes to organize an incredible themed evening!
The ghost cake can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, well covered with plastic wrap. Freezing is not recommended.