Let’s find out together the best food to detoxify and lose weight!
Summer is around the corner, we need to lose a few kilos and to detoxify our body. The best way to do it is to follow a healthy diet, light and rich of purifying foods.
Among these there are lemons, green leafy vegetables, artichokes, green tea and detox herbal teas. Let’s see their properties and how to include them in the diet.
Detox foods: which they are
1. Lemon. This is the detox food par excellence. Every morning, on an empty stomach, half an hour before breakfast, drink a glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon. It will help to detoxify the liver and the intestine.
2. Green, leafy vegetables. Broccoli, spinach, lettuce, arugula and kale, among the others, are the best detox foods. They contain chlorophyll, dietary fibers, vitamins and lots of water, which help to purify and to strengthen the immune system. You can eat them raw or cooked, in soups and purees.
3. Artichokes. Artichokes contain fibers and cynarin, a substance that stimulates the diuresis and the secretion of bile. You can cook them in different ways, or use their leaves to make a detox infusion.
4. Grape. This fruit has detoxifying, purifying, antioxidant and toning properties. It should be eaten ripe, without removing the peel and the seeds.
5. Wholewheat cereals. Among the must-have detox foods there are wholewheat cereals that, unlike refined ones, are rich in minerals and fibers.
6. Sprouts. Soy sprouts and other legumes are great to cleanse intestine and liver. They can be eaten raw or cooked.
7. Seeds. This food, in particular flax and sunflower ones, is rich in essential fatty acids (omega 3 and 6), which lower cholesterol and stimulate cleansing.
8. Milk thistle. This plant is excellent for detoxifying the liver. It can be taken as a herbal infusions, teas, and supplements.
9. Green tea and herbal teas. Green tea stimulates diuresis and detoxification. Ginger and dandelion herbal teas are also useful.
10. Apples. Apples are rich in water, vitamins, minerals and pectin. They help to cleanse the intestine and regulate the level of blood sugar.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/limone-agrumi-frutta-impianto-2673791/
ultimo aggiornamento: 29-01-2019