Read everything about the chart of healthy food which feeds our body and soul, increasing our happiness!
Does food make us happy? Yes, according to science! In fact, there is a link between diet and mood. Foods that improve our good mood, also enhance our physical and mental wellness, because they stimulate specific brain receptors which help us feeling happier and more positive.
Certain foods are natural anti-depressants. We should always healthy and nourishing products which can improve our good mood.
The list of food improving our happiness
1) Dark chocolate. It improves blood supply to the brain and boosts both concentration and good mood. Just eat a piece of chocolate and you will immediately feel better. It is recommended against anxiety and depression.
2) Dried fruit. Walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, but also sunflower, flax, chia and pumpkin seeds are full of beneficial properties which boost happiness. Almonds contain zinc, which stabilyzes the mood. Instead, walnuts have a high quantity of magnesium, which improves brain serotonin levels, keeping anger and hostility under control.
3) Fat fish. Salmon, trout, sardines and tuna contain good fars, mineral salts and vitamins, very useful to improve joy and happiness. Moreover, they contain high levels of Omega 3. They influence in a positive way all the brain functions, such as mood, memory and stress managing.
4) Leafy green vegetables. For examples, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, arugula, chard or lettuce. They are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and folic acid, fundamental for our nervous system. You can eat them both raw and cooked, but do not cook them for too long. They have natural anti-inflammatory properties which fight against anxiety and depression.
5) Yogurt. It helps the brain producing neurotransmitters whigh guarantee serenity. Since our intestinal health is fundamental to improve serotonin production, probiotics help producing good bacteria, needed to heal stomach infections.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/buio-cioccolato-bar-cibo-2562840/
ultimo aggiornamento: 22-02-2019