Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or a special occasion, risotto with roses is the perfect recipe. Prepare it with champagne or prosecco for a top result!
Risotto is undoubtedly one of those dishes that most allows you to give vent to your imagination , creating even apparently unusual combinations. Risotto alle rose is one of these, but we can guarantee that once you try it you will want to make it known to everyone . In fact, it is not only a delicious first course, but also one of those Valentine’s Day dishes that are worth knowing.
However, there are some things you need to know before proceeding with the preparation of rose petal risotto. As this is a relatively simple recipe, it is very important to pay attention to the ingredients. Roses, in fact, must be edible , i.e. not treated with pesticides or other chemicals. If you do not have the possibility to obtain flowers of this type, then our advice is to opt for risotto with dried rose petals. They are found in herbalist’s shops and can be added to rice halfway through cooking after soaking in warm water for 10-15 minutes. .
How to prepare the rose risotto recipe
- About 2-3 hours before dedicating yourself to preparing the dish, clean the roses by removing the petals and wiping them one by one with a dry cloth to remove any impurities.
- Transfer them to a bowl, keeping some aside for the final decoration, and cover with the dry white wine . You can use whatever you prefer but in our opinion, for a truly romantic evening, make a risotto with roses and prosecco.
- After the maceration time for the rose petals, proceed with the recipe. Finely chop the shallot and brown in a pan with oil and a pinch of salt.
- Once tender and transparent, add the rice and toast it for 2 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Filter the wine in which you put the rose petals and use it to blend. Keep the petals for later.
- When you no longer smell alcohol rising from the pan, start cooking by adding just enough boiling broth to cover the rice flush.
- After about ten minutes , add the rose petals and finish cooking.
- Remove from the heat, stir in a knob of butter and serve, decorating with the fresh petals kept aside.
Another way to prepare this romantic risotto is to use a wine that par excellence is reserved for special occasions: champagne . Risotto with roses and champagne is refined and simple enough to conquer both diners and those who have to cook it. Staying on the subject of refined risottos, how can we not mention the strawberry risotto and the champagne risotto : two recipes to be unveiled on the most special occasions.
Risotto, as you know by now, is good when freshly made. However, if you have any leftovers, keep it covered in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2-3 days and reheat it in a pan or microwave before consuming.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...