Preparing French miche bread with Fulvio Marino’s recipe allows you to make a loaf with an ancient flavor.
When it comes to French bread, the first thought goes to the baguette. Yet there is an even older format known as French miche bread. It differs from the most famous recipe for several reasons. The first is definitely the shape : the first long and tapered, the second shaped like a loaf . The dough is also decidedly different. Miche bread is a so-called country bread , prepared with unrefined flours and naturally leavened.
To make French miche bread with Fulvio Marino’s recipe you will therefore have to obtain not only rye and semi-wholemeal flour , but also the mother yeast . It is also possible to make the recipe with traditional brewer’s yeast but the result will not be exactly identical to the original. Let’s find out all the steps to make this ancient recipe.
How to prepare the recipe for French miche bread
- In a bowl, mix the type 2 flour and the rye flour .
- Add a little water to the mother yeast and start kneading with a spoon.
- Continue to knead by hand adding the salt and the remaining water . The dough must be soft, given the high hydration, but homogeneous.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for 18 hours .
- After rising it will be rather sticky. Divide it into three equal parts and fold them in half.
- Let it rest for 20 minutes on a baking sheet covered with cling film.
- Fold with two folds at the bottom and let rise in three baskets for 3 hours at room temperature. Keep the closure upwards.
- Transfer them to a floured baking sheet.
- Make checkerboard cuts on the surface and cook at 250 ° C for 20 minutes and then 220 ° C for another 30 minutes.
- Let it cool before consuming it. The next day is even better!
Obviously speaking of French bread it is impossible not to mention the classic baguette . Try both recipes and you will discover a whole new way of baking.
Miche bread has a fair shelf life. Put it in a paper bag : it will keep up to a week. Alternatively, you can freeze it already portioned so as to always have it available.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
Gluten Free Persimmon Cake: Incredibly fluffy