Preparing the limoncello cake is really simple. In no time you will have your quick dessert ready for any occasion.
Finding quick and easy desserts that are also suitable as a dessert after a meal is not easy. This is why today we want to offer you the limoncello cake that combines the simplicity of classic cakes, with the perfume and intense aroma of limoncello, the worthy conclusion of all meals.
Preparing a limoncello dessert is also a strategy to use the leftover one for some time and thus drain your supplies. In fact, a bottle is often opened on special occasions but then ends up putting it aside in the refrigerator or freezer. So here this cake comes to your rescue.
How to prepare the limoncello cake recipe
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and the grated rind of the lemon and whisk everything with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Incorporate then the ‘oil, the lemon juice and limoncello, again with whips into action.
- Finally add the sifted flour with the baking powder , mixing with a spatula to mix everything.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 22 cm diameter mold or lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes , doing the toothpick test before taking it out of the oven.
- Let the cake cool completely then continue with the icing (optional). Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of lemon juice (or limoncello), until the icing is not too fluid.
- Let it pour on the cake creating the decoration you prefer.
If you love the intense flavor of citrus fruits, we recommend you also try the classic lemon cake : it is truly irresistible and perfect for any occasion.
The limoncello cake can be kept under a cake bell for 3-4 days, as soft as just made.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison