If you are looking for very easy but very scenic fried desserts then we recommend you to try our Carnival roses, you will not regret it.
Fried sweets are the undisputed symbol of Carnival and this festival cannot be called such if at least once you do not try your hand at making Carnival roses. We could describe them as a rose-shaped chat that, thanks to frying, takes on not only a unique crunchiness , but also a truly spectacular shape .
It is customary to prepare roses with custard but no one forbids you to change the filling and use for example Nutella or a teaspoon of jam. The flower-shaped chiacchiere, however, are also good in purity, decorated with a sprinkling of icing sugar and some colored sprinkles, just like the traditional recipe. Are you curious to find out how to prepare one of the most spectacular Carnival sweets ever?
How to prepare the carnival roses recipe
- Combine the flour, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix.
- Then add the butter in chunks, the eggs and the Marsala and knead with your hands until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour .
- After the resting time, roll out the dough as thin as possible, also helping with the pasta machine if necessary.
- With three flower-shaped pastry rings of scaling size (one of about 8 centimeters, one of 6 and one of 4) obtain as many flowers as possible.
- Overlap the flowers from largest to smallest by slightly moistening the contact point.
- Heat plenty of seed oil and start preparing the fried roses one at a time. To get the characteristic shape you have to keep them lightly pressed to the bottom of the pan with the back of a wooden ladle. In this way they will swell and take on the characteristic shape.
- Drain them delicately with a slotted spoon, pass them on absorbent paper and serve by placing a teaspoon of custard , jam or Nutella in the center.
- The final touch that will make your flower shakes beautiful is a sprinkling of powdered sugar .
If you are looking for quick carnival desserts, the recipe for easy and original carnival roses is perfect. Also try our chat for a Carnival in the name of tradition.
You can then get a slightly lighter version by preparing carnival roses in the oven. Once the three flowers of different sizes have been combined, arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake them at 180 ° C for 12 minutes , just long enough for them to become crunchy. As for the fried version, also in this case the addition of the filling is at your discretion.
Like all fried desserts, carnival roses should also be eaten at the moment because with humidity they tend to lose their crunchiness.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...