Strascinati with ricotta are a typical Apulian first course enriched with sausage. Get the right ricotta to get the most!
Strascinati are a type of past a typical of Puglia which in shape resembles that of orecchiette. The difference between orecchiette and strascinati lies in fact in the size: the first small and prepared with a single finger, the second large and “crawled” with two or three fingers. The best way to enhance them is to prepare the classic strascinati with ricotta. They are so good and particular that they are also featured in various television programs, such as Dinner Club on PrimeVideo .
To prepare the strascinati with ricotta and sausage you will need to get the typical Apulian ricotta prepared with sheep’s milk. Its strong flavor is essential to balance all tastes and allow you to obtain a truly incredible first course. Its particularity in fact lies in the final flavor: the scuanta ricotta has an intense, acidulous taste and must be dosed to perfection. Ready to find out the details of this recipe?
How to prepare strascinati with ricotta
- First, prepare the strascinati (alternatively orecchiette are fine). Gather the flour in a bowl and pour the water a little at a time, kneading by hand.
- Once you have a smooth dough, let it rest for 30 minutes under an overturned bowl and dedicate yourself to the sauce.
- Finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with the oil and a pinch of salt .
- Once tender and transparent, add the sausage without the casing and crumbled with your hands.
- Brown it well for a few minutes so that all the flavor comes out, then pour the tomato puree . Season with basil and cook for 30 minutes .
- Once you have a rather thick sauce, season with a few tablespoons of scuanta ricotta .
- Now all that remains is to prepare the strascinati : form loaves of dough of about half a centimeter in diameter.
- Then cut them into pieces of two centimeters and drag them onto the cutting board with three fingers.
- Boil them in abundant salted water for 5 minutes after boiling, then drain and toss directly into the sauce.
- Spread out on plates and complete with grated hard ricotta .
If you want to try other typical Apulian recipes we recommend the classic and never banal orecchiette with turnip tops : you won’t be able to say which one is tastier!
Strascinati with ricotta can be kept in the refrigerator , in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. You can consume them by heating them in a pan or in the microwave.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison