With a particular name and somewhat long resting times, the simple recipe for fave ‘ngreccia comes from the Marche region.
The Italian culinary tradition is full of typical dishes. These differ by region and are closely linked to local products. Among the long string of dishes made only with genuine ingredients is the preparation of fave ‘ngreccia. This recipe comes from the Marche and consists of an exquisite side dish . The term ‘ngreccia, in the Marche dialect, translates as “ shriveled ”: this adjective refers to the appearance that the bean assumes after being boiled.
At the base there are the dry ones. These are simply boiled and then seasoned with special ingredients: with parsley, anchovies and capers, the broad bean becomes a real delight and can be enjoyed together with various preparations. However, remember to start the night before, because the legumes have to soak for several hours.
Preparation of the recipe for broad beans’ ngreccia
- The night before preparing this side dish, fill a bowl with water and soak the legumes.
- The next morning, be careful to remove any non-intact beans that rise to the surface.
- Drain the intact ones and remove the soaking water.
- Take a large pot, fill it with water and pour the legumes inside.
- Turn on the heat to cook about 10 minutes (the time varies from dry to fresh).
- When it comes to a boil, add the salt. When cooked, drain.
- Using a crescent, chop the anchovies in oil and put them in a bowl.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces, the parsley and the capers and add them.
- Pour the boiled broad beans together with these ingredients.
- Season again with vinegar and oil and mix.
- Before serving, taste to see if you need to add a little salt.
In a few moves, the fave ‘ngreccia are ready to be used as a side dish. Combine them with a variety of preparations, to enrich them with taste, such as a good swordfish in a pan .
You can keep this product for 1 day at room temperature, covered.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison