Elegant, tasty and fresh: fruit au gratin with brown sugar is an ideal end to a meal that will appeal to young and old alike.
Let’s take advantage of seasonal fruit to create a delicious recipe, a very simple dessert that will make your guests happy , and of course you too! The recipe for fruit au gratin varies according to the season, and what we have in the fridge, but the result never changes: a tasty dessert suitable for adults and children. It is among the quick and easy recipes to make for a quick dessert, or when you want to prepare a pleasant snack , without too many ingredients. The trick for a simple success is to put it in the oven only the time necessary for the sugar to crystallize, forming an inviting crust . Another idea for adults is to offer fruit au gratin with brown sugar accompanied by a liqueur, such as limoncello, or a sweet wine. For children, this dessert can be served with a scoop of ice cream, or with a splash of fresh, lightly sweetened whipped cream.
Preparation for the gratin fruit recipe
- Slice the pears, apples and oranges, and put them in a bowl, where you will leave them to macerate for 10 minutes in the liqueur.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar. As soon as it is incorporated, add the flour a little at a time .
- Add the milk slowly. You will thus obtain a smooth and lump-free dough.
- Bring the mixture over the heat, over low heat, and stir for 3 minutes , until it forms a smooth and firm cream.
- Grease a baking dish , sprinkle with brown sugar and place the fruit, draining it from the liqueur.
- Pour over the cream, and sprinkle again with the brown sugar.
- Turn on the oven, grill function, and mold the fruit for 8-10 minutes , the time that the brown sugar caramelizes, and forms a delicious sugary crust.
- Serve as you like, hot, lukewarm and cold. Fruit gratin is always great.
Mixed fruit au gratin can be kept for 2 days in the fridge if placed in a tightly closed and clean airtight container. We do not recommend freezing.
If you are looking for other quick and easy desserts, try the caramelized fruit recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...