Lemon flavored gluten-free chiffon cake: the ingredients and all the steps to make a tall and soft dessert, perfect for breakfast or to be served with fresh seasonal fruit.
Preparing gluten-free chiffon cake is really simple. This is a soft and tall cake, perfect to serve for breakfast or at the end of a meal. The essential feature of this American donut is its lightness and can be served plain as in this case or with the addition of aromas or creams. For an excellent result it is preferable to use the special mold with high feet and feet.
Preparation of gluten-free chiffon cake
- First, sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, then separate the yolks from the whites.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff with a few drops of lemon then add the lemon juice and zest, egg yolks and seed oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well with a hand whisk in order to incorporate all the ingredients then add the whipped egg whites.
- Gently mix from the bottom up, then pour the mixture into the special mold for chiffon cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for 55-60 minutes .
- When cooked, remove the cake from the oven, turn the cake upside down and let it cool.
- When it is completely cold, gently lift the mold and serve.
If you prefer, you can prepare the gluten-free chocolate chiffon cake by replacing the lemon juice and zest with chocolate chips or a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Alternatively, you can prepare gluten-free strawberry tiramisu .
This gluten-free dessert can be kept for about 3-4 days in a cool and dry place, away from light and heat sources and under a special glass jar for sweets that will keep the softness. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.