Constipatin is one of the most common gastro-intestinal disorders. It affects especially women and people over 65 years old. Let’s find out together which are the best remedies against it.
Constipation is not a disease, but a symptom that may also occur after delivery or after surgery. This disorder refers refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass. The most frequent causes are: diet, no exercising, dehydration, not going to the bathroom when you need to, abuse of laxatives, pregnancy and/or post-partum, colon problems, and medications.
Say goodbye to constipation by using grandma’s natural remedies. Let’s find out together what they are!
Constipation: natural remedies
– Tomatoes. This food is rich in fibers, which can increase water in the stool. Prepare a juice with 1/4 litre of water, two tomatoes and a spoon of sugar; cut the tomatoes into pieces and sprinkle sugar on them. Then, put them in water for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Finally, drain and let sit for about 15 minutes. Store the juice in the fridge.
– Anise and fennel. Mix 250 ml of water with three anise fruits and some coriander and fennel seed. Add three cloves and boil for about five minutes. Then let the infusion rest for at least half an hour. Drink it at the end of a meal.
– Mallow. Rich in mucilage, which lubricate the intestines, mallow facilitates the evacuation by softening the stool. Make a herbal tea with mallow flowers and 200 ml of water. Once ready, drink it before going to sleep.
– Aloe vera. Thanks to its laxative effects, it helps the intestine to evacuate in a natural way.
– Beets or spinach. Eat at least 100 grams of spinach or boiled beets per day, seasoned with olive oil. These vegetables promote bowel movements.
– Honey. Thanks to its hight level of sugar, honey promotes intestinal functions. Just pour a teaspoon of it in a cup of warm water and drink it before going to sleep.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/pancia-cuore-intestino-le-mani-3186730/