One of the most common gastrointestinal disorders, constipation, especially affects women and people over the age of 65. Let’s find out together which are the best remedies for constipation.
We immediately make it clear that constipation is not a disease , but a symptom that can also occur after childbirth or after surgery; this malaise consists in the difficulty of emptying one’s intestines. The most frequent causes are: an incorrect diet, lack of physical activity, dehydration, not going to the bathroom when you have the symptom, abuse of laxatives, pregnancy and / or post-partum, colon problems and medications.
To say goodbye to constipation, we can use grandma’s natural remedies. Let’s find out what they are!
Constipation: natural remedies
– Tomato. A high-fiber food that can increase water in the stool. We prepare a juice with 1/4 liter of water, two tomatoes and a spoonful of sugar; cut the tomatoes into pieces and sprinkle them with sugar. Let’s throw them in water for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Finally, we drain the tomatoes from the water and let them rest for about 15 minutes. We pour the juice into a container and let it cool in the fridge.
– Anise and fennel . Prepare a mixture of 250 ml of water with three anise fruits, some coriander and fennel seeds. We add three cloves and let it boil for about five minutes. Then let the infusion rest for at least half an hour and take it at the end of a meal.
– Mallow. Rich in mucilages that lubricate the intestine, mallow facilitates evacuation by softening the stool. So let’s prepare an infusion of mallow flowers and 200 ml of water. Once ready, let’s enjoy it before going to sleep.
– Aloe vera. Thanks to its laxative effects, it helps the intestine to evacuate naturally.
– Swiss chard or spinach. We consume at least 100 grams of boiled spinach or chard per day seasoned with raw oil. These vegetables promote intestinal mobility.
– Honey. Thanks to the large amount of sugars present, honey promotes intestinal function. All we have to do is pour a teaspoon of honey into a cup of warm water to drink before going to sleep.
In the event that constipation persists, we have selected for you an entirely natural syrup that will help you in bowel evacuation and purification.
ultimo aggiornamento: 17-08-2020