One of the most common gastrointestinal disorders, constipation, especially affects women and people over 65. Let’s find out together which are the best remedies for constipation.
We immediately make it clear that constipation is not a disease , but a symptom that can occur even after childbirth or after surgery; this malaise consists in the difficulty of emptying one’s own intestine. The most frequent causes are: an incorrect diet, lack of physical activity, dehydration, not going to the bathroom when you have the symptom, abuse of laxatives, pregnancy and / or post-partum, colon problems and medications.
To say goodbye to constipation we can resort to grandmother’s natural remedies. Let’s find out what they are!
Constipation: natural remedies
• Tomato. A food rich in fiber that can increase water in the stool. We prepare a juice with 1/4 liter of water, two tomatoes and a spoonful of sugar; cut the tomatoes into pieces and sprinkle them with sugar. Let’s throw them in water for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Finally, drain the tomatoes from the water and leave to rest for about 15 minutes. We pour the juice into a container and let it cool in the fridge.
• Anise and fennel . We prepare a mixture of 250 ml of water with three fruits of anise, some seeds of coriander and fennel. We add three cloves and let it boil for about five minutes. Then let the infusion sit for at least half an hour and take it at the end of a meal.
Mallow. Rich in mucilages that lubricate the intestine, the mallow facilitates evacuation by softening the stool. We prepare, therefore, a herbal tea of mallow flowers and 200 ml of water. Once ready, let’s taste it before going to sleep.
• Aloe vera. Thanks to its laxative effects, it helps the intestine to evacuate naturally.
• Chard or spinach. We consume at least 100 gr of boiled spinach or chard a day seasoned with raw oil. These vegetables promote intestinal mobility.
• Honey. Thanks to the large amount of sugars present, honey promotes intestinal function. All we have to do is pour a teaspoon of honey into a cup of warm water to drink before going to sleep.
In case the constipation persists, we have selected for you an entirely natural syrup that will help you in the bowel movement and purification.