Imagine a chocolate cake filled with cream and Nutella ready in less than 30 minutes. Here, it’s the Moretta cake and you have to try it!
What’s better than a chocolate cake filled with cream and Nutella? Very little else, especially if this one has a really simple procedure in addition to the other recipes. We are talking about the Moretta cake, a recipe that will conquer everyone at the first taste.
As mentioned, it is a filled chocolate cake whose preparation is dummies proof. Once all the ingredients have been blended with the electric whisk, simply cook the dough in the oven and then, once cold, proceed with the filling. Confess: your mouth is watering already!
How to prepare the recipe for the Moretta cake
- First break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk everything with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Then add the melted butter , at room temperature, and the milk .
- Finally, add all the sifted powders: flour , bitter cocoa and baking powder .
- Pour the dough into a pan lined with parchment paper or greased and floured with a diameter of 24 cm and bake at 180 ° C for 40 minutes . Do the toothpick test before baking, making sure it comes out completely dry.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once cold, with a serrated knife cut the cake in half so as to obtain two discs.
- Spread a layer of Nutella on the first one, then cover with the cream , previously whipped with an electric whisk. Close and let it rest for a couple of hours before serving. If you like, you can decorate the surface with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Do you like our Moretta cake? Then don’t miss our collection of chocolate cake recipes!
The Moretta cake can be kept out of the refrigerator for a day , besides it is better to put it in the refrigerator due to the presence of cream.