Delicious zucchini and shrimp rolls, a simple, tasty and perfect appetizer to be served cold at a dinner with friends.
Not good, more! Our zucchini and shrimp rolls are an easy and light dish . To prepare them, all you have to do is clean the prawns well and cook them in the oven. Zucchini, on the other hand, must first be flavored with oil and lemon and then quickly grilled.
Everything is enriched with fresh fennel, for an incredible mix of flavors. What do you think? So let’s see how to prepare this appetizer to be served as finger food on any occasion with a good glass of bubbles!
Preparation of courgette and shrimp rolls
- Wash the courgettes, peel them and cut them into thin slices with the help of a mandolin or a vegetable peeler. Place the courgettes in a baking dish, season with a drizzle of oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the courgettes for 30 minutes and in the meantime dedicate yourself to the prawns. Remove the carapace and heads, remove the black intestine and rinse them quickly under running water.
- Drain the prawns well, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, grill the aubergines on a hot pan for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Gradually place the grilled courgettes on a plate and let them cool. Also take the prawns out of the oven and keep them aside until they are completely cold .
- Wrap the prawns with the zucchini, decorated with a sprig of fennel and continue in this way until all the ingredients are finished. Secure the rolls with a toothpick and serve immediately. Enjoy your meal !
How to store: the rolls prepared in this way can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 1-2 days maximum.
Alternatively, we recommend that you also try the zucchini spaghetti .
Speaking of crustaceans, the issue of conservation is very delicate. These rolls, in fact, should be consumed as soon as they are ready or, at most, keep them for a day in the refrigerator in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.