For this year, prepare some scary good cakes with the recipe for Halloween cake pops, in the shape of a pumpkin (and more).
The darkest festival of the year is approaching and you cannot be caught unprepared. For this occasion, prepare a banquet with all the trimmings and full of delicacies. From spectacular cakes to small colorful sweets, everything is needed to impress the guests. Among the best – and most sugary – ideas is that of preparing Halloween cake pops. Today, we explain how to make them in the shape of pumpkin , ghosts and other monstrous subjects. The filling is made of a soft dough, while the outside is made of a very sweet and colorful icing . An exceptional cover decorated in perfect Halloween style.
Preparing the recipe for Halloween cake pops
- The first step is dedicated to the basic dough . To make it, pour the butter at room temperature into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar to this and work with an electric mixer at medium speed .
- While mixing, add one egg at a time and, later, 90 g of condensed milk .
- Stop working and, sifting them , add the flour and baking powder little by little. With a spatula, mix to incorporate them and obtain a homogeneous and dense mixture.
- Take a cake pan (about 16 cm in diameter) and grease it and line it with baking paper. Pour the mixture into it and level the surface.
- Bake in a preheated and ventilated oven at 170 ° C for 30 minutes .
- After letting it cool completely, cut the dough into slices . Crumble each into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 140 g of condensed milk to the crumbs. Knead to obtain a firm mixture.
- Detach a little of the dough at a time and shape it into a ball , weighing about 30 g each. Gradually, place them on a tray.
- At this point, make the icing and break up the white chocolate . Then, melt it in a double boiler , stirring with a whisk.
- In a saucepan, heat the cream , without boiling. Once done, turn off and add the dye . Mix to obtain a homogeneous colored mixture.
- Pour the colored cream into the melted white chocolate and mix again with the whisk to mix everything.
- Take the toothpicks and dip one end into the orange icing (which should act as a glue) and thread each into a ball of dough. Gradually, place them on a tray, then place in the freezer to cool for 30 minutes .
- After this time, take each toothpick and dip the balls completely into the icing. Drain well and place the toothpicks on a polystyrene base , letting the balls dry on top.
- Place a small green candy on each and transfer to the freezer to set for 1 hour . After this time, draw and decorate the pumpkins on the sweets with food pencils (or with sugar paste that you can already find ready at the supermarket).
You can transform your Halloween cake pops into various shapes . To get skeletons or eyes , the procedure is the same, only one step changes for the icing: instead of adding the dye to the cream, leave it white and mix it only with white chocolate when needed. Finally, decorate these white balls in the same way, that is with colored pencils or with ready-made sugar paste that you can model as you wish.
To make ghosts , in fact, you don’t need to make icing. Once you have made the balls of dough, knead 300 g of white sugar paste . Roll it out with a rolling pin, to obtain a sheet of 3-4 mm. Take rings with a diameter of about 8 cm and form discs of dough, Place each on a ball and shape it to create the ghost. Finally, decorate with food pencils.
To enrich a themed banquet, these Halloween cake pops are perfect. In case they are left over, keep them in the fridge for 1-2 days maximum.
Alternatively, don’t miss out on other deliciousHalloween recipe ideas!