Kue putri salju literally means Snow White cookies and they are very popular in Indonesia. Let’s find out how to prepare them at home.
There are many versions and recipes of kue putri salju, also known as Snow White cookies. These cookies are especially prepared for festive celebrations such as Eid, Christmas, etc. Kue putri salju is said to be an adaptation of the Austrian shortbread cookie called Vanillekipferl. The recipe is prepared with very few ingredients including butter, flour, powdered milk and a pinch of vanilla.
There are also other traditional cookies that we can compare to Snow White’s: such as Mexican wedding cookies or Russian tea cakes. The ingredients are very similar and are coated with lots of powdered sugar. Kue putri salju usually have the shape of a crescent, just like Mexican wedding biscuits , or in small white balls. Let’s see together how to prepare these delicious butter cakes.
Preparation of the kue putri Salju
- Whip the butter and icing sugar with the electric whisk at low speed.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and then also the cornstarch, powdered milk and almond flour, beat for another minute.
- Gradually add the 00 flour as well until it is amalgamated. Use your hands to continue mixing until a non-sticky dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 2, wrap each in plastic wrap and then let the dough cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes .
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove a dough from the fridge and, if you have a crescent-shaped cookie cutter, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1 cm and use the cookie cutter to cut out the shape. If you don’t have a cookie cutter, simply divide the dough into 30-40 balls (depending on how big you want the cookies) and, if necessary, shape the desired shape with your fingertips.
- Do the same procedure with the second block.
- Place the pan on the 3rd shelf from the top of your oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are light golden on top and slightly browned on the bottom. Bake one tray of cookies at a time for best results.
- Let them rest for about 3 minutes , cover them with icing sugar while they are still hot and then let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container.
For lovers of butter biscuits and preparations with few ingredients, we also recommend the recipe for butter and chocolate biscuits .
Snow White’s cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week , but don’t think they will last you that long!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?