Tetù and teio are very spicy biscuits typical of Sicilian cuisine, usually prepared on the occasion of the day of the dead.
Italian cuisine hides many secrets and some recipes are very little known outside their territory of origin. Among these are the tetù and teio, typical Sicilian biscuits covered with icing and with a soft heart . Also known as Sicilian biscuits of the dead, they were originally prepared with pastry scraps .
Hence, in all likelihood, the addition of spices with such a strong flavor as cinnamon, cloves and cardamom , was used precisely to uniform the flavor as much as possible. They were in fact sweets of the poor but with their aroma immediately created a festive atmosphere. The preparation is really simple because the dough is similar to shortcrust pastry, but we guarantee that it has nothing banal at all.
How to prepare tetù and teio with the original recipe
- First, mix the flour with the lard until you get a crumbled dough.
- Then add the almond flour , all the powdered spices and the sugar .
- At this stage, add the salt , baking soda and egg and mix.
- Pour the milk you will need to obtain a dough similar to shortcrust pastry but softer.
- Divide the dough into two parts and add the cocoa to one of them.
- Wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare portions of 35 g each, roll them in your hands to form balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes , keeping the two trays with the two types of biscuits separate.
- Now proceed with the icing by mixing the egg white with the icing sugar .
- Dip the biscuits and as they are ready place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake again at 120 ° C for 10 minutes .
If you love Sicilian dessert recipes, we suggest you also try the piparelli alla messinese , a sort of corner.
Tetù and teio can be kept in a tin box for over a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?