Headaches are very annoying and not always easy to cure: let’s see which are the most effective natural remedies, to avoid taking medicines.
Headache is a problem that affects many people of all ages and can have various causes, from simple tiredness to the most serious neurological problems. Obviously, in case of severe and recurrent headache it is necessary to contact a doctor for a correct diagnosis and treatment.
If the disorder is, however, occasional and milder, you can avoid taking medicines and try some natural remedies , such as those that our grandmothers have handed down to us. Let’s see how to get rid of the headache with home remedies.
Headache: natural remedies
– Potato slices. A first remedy for grandmother against headache, which may seem really bizarre, but which in many cases works, is to cut a potato into slices and put them on the forehead, holding them still with a handkerchief or a cotton towel.
– Lavender essential oil. Aromatherapy is excellent for treating headaches. In particular, lavender essential oil is very effective, especially if stress is the cause. Massage a few drops of essential oil on the temples with circular movements.
– Hot herbal teas. Herbal teas based on chamomile , valerian and passion flower help relieve tension and can also help in case of headache.
– Hot bath. Another way to relax and fight head pain is to take a hot bath. To enhance its effect, add a few drops of lavender essential oil to the water, which, as we have already said, is excellent against headaches.
– Water and sugar. It is possible that the headache depends on dehydration or a drop in sugars. Try to drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of sugar and remember to drink at least a liter and a half of water during the day.