To make the authentic marinara risotto, one of the most classic first courses, there is only one secret. Here’s how to prepare it at home.
Very often the risotto alla marinara is confused with the seafood one. In fact, the ingredients are almost all the same. Between the two, however, there is a single and substantial difference that we learned about talking to our grandmothers. According to the most expert, in fact, the basic preparations of the two dishes are differentiated by a single detail: the seafood one includes a tomato-based sauce , while the marinara one is totally white . This is what we at Primo Chef discovered, however everyone prepares it as they prefer and it is always good.
Starting from this distinction, we can also prepare a good risotto at home. This is a very popular first course, especially in Italian cuisine. To use it you need a lot of seafood , all tasty and tender. These are cooked together with a few other ingredients and make a dish rich that is, at the same time, creamy.
Preparation of the recipe for risotto alla marinara
- First, prepare a vegetable broth . During its cooking, you can also dip the shrimps (after having washed them well) to flavor it.
- Meanwhile, wash and clean the seafood . Shell the prawns, cut the squid and octopus, open the mussels and clams on a pan and shell them.
- When the broth is ready, set it aside and peel the shrimp as well.
- In a saucepan, pour 2 tablespoons of oil . Add the scampi, squid and octopus and deglaze with half a glass of white wine . When it stops evaporating, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes maximum, then turn off and add the shrimp, mussels and clams and mix.
- In another pan, pour 2 tablespoons of oil and put the chopped onion . When it becomes transparent, add the rice and mix.
- Deglaze another half glass of wine and, when it evaporates, pour in the broth. Stir to let the liquid absorb, then continue to cook for the necessary time.
- As soon as it is done, add the seafood to the rice. Mix, serve and season with chopped parsley .
In a few steps, your risotto alla marinara – strictly in white – is ready to be enjoyed. Storage is not recommended , because this dish should be eaten at the moment.
Do you want traditional recipes revived? Then a real novelty is the carbonara risotto , a must try!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...