Ants in the house are not welcome and that is why we need to get rid of them as soon as possible. Here are some effective remedies to solve the problem!
How to keep ants away from home? Unfortunately, almost everyone has asked this question at least once in their life. Finding an invasion of ants inside the house, especially in a room, is not that difficult to happen; as well as finding these annoying insects in gardens and on house plants. Getting rid of them, especially if there are so many, becomes complicated. Let’s find out some effective remedies to fight ants and get rid of them once and for all.
How to get rid of ants from home
Especially if you live in a house with a garden, you will be familiar with the problem of ants in the house. There are tons of brands and products used as ant repellent, however you can easily resort to natural ant remedies that do not include pesticides or chemicals that are toxic to you and the environment (or your four-legged friend). Before going on to list specifically how to deal with ants in the house, it is better to clarify for a second how to move in order to have a satisfactory result and prevent their appearance.
First you have to identify the entry point of the insects, usually it is near the kitchen (also the destination of the ants in search of food), but it doesn’t have to be that way. Once you have identified the entry point you can concentrate on that area and understand how they get in and how to try to persuade them not to return. To do this, wash the floor often with hot water, vinegar and lemon, or buy an effective ant repellent. Hygiene in the house is also fundamental: if you do not clean the surfaces well from the remains of food (it can also be just bread crumbs), insects will tend to be attracted to them.
Natural remedies for ants
Very often you already have what you need at home without even knowing it. Are you curious to discover every natural anti-ants recommended by News Wellness? Here they are below:
- Mint. This plant doesn’t like ants at all. You can take small leaves and place them near doors, windows, or places they tend to enter the house . You can also pour a few drops of peppermint essential oil in a little water and sprinkle it around the house. Finally, even mint tea can come in handy: take some sachets and place them in the area where the ants are.
- Vinegar. Vinegar is also a good remedy for ants: sprinkle some on all doors and windows and also in the area where the bugs are present. To make the natural remedy even more effective, we can add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to the vinegar.
- Salt. It can eliminate them entirely if dispersed near windows, doors and where there is more activity.
- Coffee. Coffee grounds are potent enough to ward off ants; cinnamon and cayenne pepper also do the same job
- Origan. To remove them, you can prepare bags of dried oregano with bay leaves and scatter them around the house. You will have to replace them often but you will see what a result.
- Cucumbers. Perhaps one of the few vegetables that ants are disgusted with. For this reason we must spread the cucumber peels as much as possible in the affected point.
- Chili pepper. The strong smell of the spices prevents small animals from approaching and chilli can be very useful. If we don’t have any chili powder , we opt for spicy paprika or cloves.
- Lemon juice. Ants don’t like lemon juice either, so you can try diluting it in water and sprinkling it around the house to keep them as far away as possible.
- Finally, calcium carbonate or gypsum should be tried. Distribute the dust on the windowsills , along the entrances of the doors and the French windows and you will see that they will act as a physical barrier for these insects.